Booking question

jennjess

I am planning to book a Costa cruise but when I try I get only one cabin offered and that is above all the entertainment areas so I am worried that it will be very noisy at night.

Is it normal that Costa chooses your cabin and is there anyway to find out if there are others available? 

I would recommend to call Costa, I have been able to choose my cabin with the lady at the call-center. It might also be that you are booking late and that the cabin-category you are trying to book is already booked. I always book premium to have a choice of my cabin. Interior cabins and the most expensive cabins are usually the ones booked up first.

We have had cabin selection issues a couple of times with Costa with only a very limited amount available. These have been on cruises well in advance and despite speaking directly with Costa, our TA wasn't able to get a proper answer and could only conclude that they must be holding them back for other markets.

On 3/28/2022 at 7:24 AM, jennjess said:

I am planning to book a Costa cruise but when I try I get only one cabin offered and that is above all the entertainment areas so I am worried that it will be very noisy at night.

Is it normal that Costa chooses your cabin and is there anyway to find out if there are others available? 

I can see what cabins are available by doing a dummy booking on the costacruises website - I use the EU one or the UK one and they always give me a choice of cabin.

19 hours ago, jennjess said:

Has anyone had noise problems in particular Costa cabins.  I now have a cabin booked close to the lido pool so am wondering if this will be a noisy location.

Directly under the Lido or directly over entertainment are considered noisy - for the deck under Lido the noise will start early morning (6.30am ish) when the pool area is being set up for the day and the staff are setting out the deck chairs.  Over the entertainment areas - well that depends on which one.  The forward theatre area you are not going to get much noise at all but you will feel the swell more at the front if you are at all sea sick.  Over bars with music and entertainment will be very quiet in the morning and you may/may not hear the bands playing at night.  This is only for the cabins directly over the noise.  So if you want to sleep in take the cabins over the entertainment.  If you are an early bird and go to bed early and rise early take the cabin under the pool deck.

The best deck to be on is one that is between other cabin decks where there will be no noise at all.

22 hours ago, Wansbrough said:

We have had cabin selection issues a couple of times with Costa with only a very limited amount available. These have been on cruises well in advance and despite speaking directly with Costa, our TA wasn't able to get a proper answer and could only conclude that they must be holding them back for other markets.

or they are actually all sold - The cruise we have chosen only had two cabins left in the category we wanted.

26 minutes ago, Janet&Carl said:

I can see what cabins are available by doing a dummy booking on the costacruises website - I use the EU one or the UK one and they always give me a choice of cabin.

So sorry it wasnt the costa site it was the Cruise Guru site that allowed you to see which cabins were vacant.  I then booked direct with Costa EU because they couldnt give me the loyalty discount and premium voucher discount where booking direct I got both.

9 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

So sorry it wasnt the costa site it was the Cruise Guru site that allowed you to see which cabins were vacant.  I then booked direct with Costa EU because they couldnt give me the loyalty discount and premium voucher discount where booking direct I got both.

Checking the Cruise guru site shows only guarantees available so I guess there are very few balconies left.

It also depends on which ship you are on.  For example, we cruised on the Smeralda last October and had a balcony two decks below the main covered pool area.  Unfortunately,  there were big pool parties with loud music on 3 nights and these happened late at night.  On one occasion we gave up trying to sleep and went up to see what was going on and there were about 200 people up there dancing.  This was at 12.30 at night!!!

We are booked on deck 4 next week on the Toscana 😉  But don't think it would be much of an issue on one of the older ships.