Things continue to 8mprove on Vayager

TomTN

Many, many mistakes. Deliveries to wrong cabins. We had that happen twice. Another cabin to us and vice versa. 

It get corrected.

These folks are learning their new job.

The show of Regent singers dancers was stopped mid performance  because of rough seas. I suspect they are new as I haven't seen a show stopped in 20+ cruises.  No problem. Their bodies. "The show must go on" is BS. Jmo

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 8:40 AM, TomBeckCruise said:

Many, many mistakes. Deliveries to wrong cabins. We had that happen twice. Another cabin to us and vice versa. 

It get corrected.

The show of Regent singers dancers was stopped mid performance  because of rough seas. I suspect they are new as I haven't seen a show stopped in 20+ cruises.  No problem. Their bodies. "The show must go on" is BS. Jmo

One of the cast fell awkwardly and dislocated his shoulder. 

He had it popped back and is recovering nicely but will be on light duties for the rest of this cruise. 

On 3/28/2022 at 2:40 AM, TomBeckCruise said:

It get corrected.

In 20ish Regent cruises, we've seen the show stopped or cancelled many times.  Perhaps we just tend to cruise in less than placid seas.  Have also seen some shows where they should have been cancelled due to rough seas.

• Haha 1

On 3/28/2022 at 7:40 AM, TomBeckCruise said:

It get corrected.

Your thread says “Things continue to improve” can you be a little more specific as hoping to board in Barcelona next week. Thanks.

3 hours ago, scottie920 said:

Your thread says “Things continue to improve” can you be a little more specific as hoping to board in Barcelona next week. Thanks.

much of one's enjoyment of a cruise is dependent on the job performance of the workers.  Take orders and serve food and drinks. Remove dishes at the appropriate time. Bring water and wine.  Etc.

Clean cabins when the passengers are away, and do it reasonably fast. Today was a sea day(the first one),  and the crew was somewhat overwhelmed.  Many cabins were not cleaned until well after noon. A few not until about 2. It was a new learning experience for the employees. 

These workers are learning,  and I don't see an attitude problem. Ten days might not get everything perfected, but I suspect your cruise will flow better than ours.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

much of one's enjoyment of a cruise is dependent on the job performance of the workers.  Take orders and serve food and drinks. Remove dishes at the appropriate time. Bring water and wine.  Etc.

Clean cabins when the passengers are away, and do it reasonably fast. Today was a sea day(the first one),  and the crew was somewhat overwhelmed.  Many cabins were not cleaned until well after noon. A few not until about 2. It was a new learning experience for the employees. 

These workers are learning,  and I don't see an attitude problem. Ten days might not get everything perfected, but I suspect your cruise will flow better than ours.

This is really on the management of Regent, to put your clients and employees in this position IMO is totally not acceptable.  These comments give the appearance that the Regent people on the ship are trying but they have never been taught how to do their job correctly.  Regent should have had right people in place to teach these people and allowed adequate time.  

I'm confident the GM is as good and conscientious as people have said and this frustrates him as much as anyone.   

Edited by RetiredandTravel