Helsinki Excursions

mrlevin

We too have been trying to book Helsinki as instructed, but found, like you, they were unavailable.  We rang Regent in Australia who could offer no explanation other than 'try in 24 hours'.  Of course, Miami Regent office was closed at the time.  This was about 6 hours ago.

• Thanks 1

I called Regent yesterday about another excursion, and also asked about Helsinki. The agent told me that word around the office is that the excursions should be online at the end of the week. For whatever that’s worth. 

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

I called Regent yesterday about another excursion, and also asked about Helsinki. The agent told me that word around the office is that the excursions should be online at the end of the week. For whatever that’s worth. 

Well 24 hours has elapsed, and we still can't book☹️.

6 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

Regent just rang to say excursions had been loaded and we should be able to book.  Not all the listed excursions were available - Behind the Design for example.

10 minutes ago, Catpow said:

Well 24 hours has elapsed, and we still can't book☹️.

Regent just rang to say excursions had been loaded and we should be able to book.  Not all the listed excursions were available - Behind the Design for example.

I noticed your in Australia.  I just checked and there is nithing posted.  I live in the USA.  Very strange they would treat us differently.  Ill keep checking. Thank you

• Like 1

For yours, doesn't really need to go that far east; after all Regent has already cancelled two Baltic cruises and combined them with previous cruise.  As for the Grand Arctic, I heard a rumor that it was going to be replaced by a season of NYC - Bermuda cruises.  At first I didn't give any credence to the rumor but the more delays in responses from Regent (not just Helsinki excursions) the more I am getting concerned.

18 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

For yours, doesn't really need to go that far east; after all Regent has already cancelled two Baltic cruises and combined them with previous cruise.  As for the Grand Arctic, I heard a rumor that it was going to be replaced by a season of NYC - Bermuda cruises.  At first I didn't give any credence to the rumor but the more delays in responses from Regent (not just Helsinki excursions) the more I am getting concerned.

Well, I suspect that the original thought was one of convenience--no other ports got changed, obviously a lot less work for them.

Perplexing that you do not see the excursions. We were confirmed on our excursions in Helsinki for July 19 and July 20 yesterday, March 29 at 4PM.  There were free excursions, small groups, half-day and full-day vans options, providing a reasonable array of choices.  Nothing grand but it provides us with cultural and geographical insight into a destination we have not yet been.  We leave in 12 days for a different RSSC cruise; we are glad to be able to explore again.

30 minutes ago, aventureux said:

Perplexing that you do not see the excursions. We were confirmed on our excursions in Helsinki for July 19 and July 20 yesterday, March 29 at 4PM.  There were free excursions, small groups, half-day and full-day vans options, providing a reasonable array of choices.  Nothing grand but it provides us with cultural and geographical insight into a destination we have not yet been.  We leave in 12 days for a different RSSC cruise; we are glad to be able to explore again.

Pretty perplexing as I am now on phone with Regent and they say that excursions for 19 and 20 July in Helsinki are not posted yet.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, aventureux said:

Im not too happy right now.  Just called Regent, if your on the Grand Voyage 94 days, the Helsinki excursions have not loaded.  No explanation why the segment cruise was able to signup for the Helsinki excursions.  First she said maybe by Friday the GV will have access.  I was super nice although I wanted to scream and just said Wow! The GV cant get access but the segment of the GV can doesnt seem fair but Ill keep trying.  She said she would write the excursion desk and when she got an answer she would email me.  Im not holding my breath 2 other representatives about other items said the same thing and I have never received an email with an answer. 

I was able to download excursions but since I am booked on GV instead of segment I can't see times of excursions.  Calling Regent again was a total waste of time.  Looking at excursion descriptions I wonder what we are going to do there for two full days.  No evening excursions at all.  To think Regent is charging same price for cruise with Helsinki replacing St Petersburg is ridiculous; probably half the seggies have already cancelled.  

Confirm- We are not on the GV.  We are on a Britain, Baltics July 2022 cruise that had same times provided by Regent for when we could see Helsinki options      Wishing all of well and hope your choices are revealed soon!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

I was able to download excursions but since I am booked on GV instead of segment I can't see times of excursions.  Calling Regent again was a total waste of time.  Looking at excursion descriptions I wonder what we are going to do there for two full days.  No evening excursions at all.  To think Regent is charging same price for cruise with Helsinki replacing St Petersburg is ridiculous; probably half the seggies have already cancelled.  

I feel validated for cancelling my cruise. Regent refused to offer us anything, including an upgrade in an empty ship. I understand the need to change the itinerary but I don’t understand why they could not try to do anything for a first time guest. I told them I would cancel as the cost was very expensive for not having the main port of SPG and they essentially told me to take my business somewhere else...which is what I did.

I’m looking forward to my Silver Sea trip in a nicer cabin with a better itinerary for a lower price (and only one short day in Helsinki). Hopefully this will be the first of many trips on this line if it lives up to expectations. Not sure I would even consider Regent again after their attitude.

scseas, Regent gambled having three out of their five ships in the Baltic and Norway this year and they lost.  Now, they are hoping natural attrition will allow them to pull one ship from Northern Europe without too much long term damage.  I don't think it is looking too good for my Grand Voyage on the Navigator.  Canceled in 2021 and possibly canceled in 2022 and ends in Barcelona in 2023.  I feel snake bitten.

Marc

Edited by mrlevin

Not sure why anyone is talking about the Grand Arctic being cancelled.  Where is this rumor coming from?  The only problem ports were the 4 Russian ones and those have been rescheduled.   I agree it is odd that Helsinki excursions are not yet available for the GV group, but I'm not worried.  Experienced  cruisers know that "ship happens".

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

Marc... are you saying that my cruise on the Navigator this July from Copenhagen Amsterdam may

get cancelled ????  I swear this cruise is cursed!!!

No.  But there is lots of room if more want to join us.