Cruise points

I'm sure I know the answer to this question but here goes anyway.  🙂 My husband and I became Diamond members right before the shut down so we never got to take advantage of our new status.  Sadly, last February my husband passed away suddenly...possibly Covid related.  My question is will RCCL allow me to transfer his points to me?  Easter week I am cruising for the first time since Covid and since my husband's passing...I am going with a friend.  It will be different but I'm trying to get through all of my firsts with out him...we were married for over 45 years so he has always been my travel partner.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband. That is awful. The good news is that you will retain whatever points either one of you had, whomever was highest, and your Diamond status. There are no points to transfer, because they are only earned by an individual. Spouses share the same number of points. :classic_smile: I have quite a few more points than my husband, but he will keep my number when I am gone. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

I'm sure I know the answer to this question but here goes anyway.  🙂 My husband and I became Diamond members right before the shut down so we never got to take advantage of our new status.  Sadly, last February my husband passed away suddenly...possibly Covid related.  My question is will RCCL allow me to transfer his points to me?  Easter week I am cruising for the first time since Covid and since my husband's passing...I am going with a friend.  It will be different but I'm trying to get through all of my firsts with out him...we were married for over 45 years so he has always been my travel partner.

The points are duplicated with the two of you, you won’t be able to double them.

I also want to say how sorry I am for the loss of your best friend.  I was widowed when I was 34 after 13 years, and only 5 months after my father died, and it is the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life.  It is so hard figuring out who you are now without your spouse, independent in the world, and I wish for you that 1000’s of happy moments mixed with the hard parts during the first sailing.  ❤️ 

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

The points are duplicated with the two of you, you won’t be able to double them.

I also want to say how sorry I am for the loss of your best friend.  I was widowed when I was 34 after 13 years, and only 5 months after my father died, and it is the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life.  It is so hard figuring out who you are now without your spouse, independent in the world, and I wish for you that 1000’s of happy moments mixed with the hard parts during the first sailing.  ❤️ 

Thank you so much.  It is very hard trying to navigate my life by myself without my true love by my side as he had been for over 46 years.

• Like 3

You need to contact Crown and Anchor as soon as possible.  To make sure the points are correct.  If at all possible have both your Crown and Anchor numbers before making the call.

I really didn't pay attention to our status with Royal Caribbean because over the years we would jump between cruise lines.  I eventually got to Diamond, but during booking a cruise she was still listed as Emerald.  That wasn't correct.  I looked at her Crown and Anchor account and saw that they hadn't credited her account with some cruises that she took with me (I normally book our vacations) so something slipped through the cracks.

I gave Crown and Anchor and told them about the issue.   They looked at my account and I confirmed all of the cruises that got me to Diamond was cruises she was on.  They updated her account.  I was just worried that if I dropped dead, she would have issues with exercising her Diamond and now Diamond+ privilege's in the future.

The reason why I say contact them ASAP, is that it sometimes take time for the updates to work through the various computer systems.

Her points total should not have mattered, as long as you were both alive and together.

All you had to do was link the accounts and both parties get the same status, the highest of the two people.

Once the accounts are not linked, both parties keep the status, but the lower point person reverts to there actual points.

So a D and a Gold link.  Both are now D.  They unlink.  Both are still D, but the one who was Gold only has Gold points, so they are a LONG way from D+.