ms Eurodam in Port Everglades March 30, 2022

Scrapnana

Just now, JazzyV said:

Interesting horn.

Sounds like they used the one on loan from the original Queen Mary.  A real steam whistle.

THanks Kathi, Lou &  Dave, and fellow addicts as we have more toots.

Roy

• Like 1

Bon Voyage and smooth sailing to everyone onboard the ships today.  Thanks everyone, even though I got here late, I was happy to see the QM2.  Time to go and burn some dinner.  See y'all next time!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

It looks like she has the old fashioned promenade deck, which I like.

Very much so with the bow protected to be usable in North Atlantic weather.  Not every day but far more often with regular cruise ships.

I sailed on QM2 on a Caribbean Cruise from New York and enjoyed the experience.  She is unique in so many ways and provides a different type of cruise experience than HAL.  I booked an in-hull veranda stateroom and would not do so again.  The room itself was large and lovely.  But, the veranda, while large enough for two full size deck chairs, was disappointing.  Sitting, what could be seen was sky.  To see the sea, one had to be standing.  Kings' Court, their Lido type restaurant, was not as efficiently designed as HAL's Lido Restaurants.  Getting to their disco at the very aft of the ship was one of those "you almost cannot get there from here" experiences.  After 10 days on the ship, I still had issues of how to get from point A to point B.  But, their Commodore Club, above the Bridge, just like the Crow's Nest, just simply great and very classy.  Then, there is the Library:  exceeds anything that any of us have experienced on a HAL ship.  

QM2 is a great vessel.  I am thankful that I sailed on her.  Would I choose her for a long cruise, such as a World Cruise?  No.  The Amsterdam and the Rotterdam were excellent for such a cruise.  I think those who are booked for the WC on the Zuiderdam will also find that she will be quite suitable for a long cruise with some additional amenities that the R Class ships don't have.