Special occasions

rucrazy

For a birthday or anniversary, they make deliver a small cake and a bottle of champagne to your suite;  the suite attendants may put up some decorations while you're out. (The problem with the cake is we're always too full from meals and lite bites to eat it!) But if there's anything specific you would like for your special day, just request it and they will do it if it's possible. For Christmas and New Years, there are decorations and special menus throughout the ship.

On one cruise in the Caribbean, on Christmas day we were at Carambola Beach for the Caviar in the Surf and barbecue lunch, and Santa arrived at the beach by speedboat. 🙂 (And then virtually every crew member was involved in throwing fellow cruise members in the water; it was great fun seeing them all have a good time along with the passengers.)

• Thanks 1

There is a box to check on the preferences form to notify Seabourn of your special day.  The one issue I've had with it is that the day must occur during the cruise.  We've not been able to always schedule a cruise for a specific date, especially the last several years with all the cancellations.  My TA requested a 'special day' as outline by cruiseej last year for a milestone birthday for my husband which did not occur during the actual cruise and it didn't happen. But as noted we have also 'suffered' from not being able to fully enjoy the treat since we've been so well treated everywhere else on the ship. 

• Like 1

Thank you both for responses... My birthday is on our cruise.... and it sounds like they ditto what HAL does when you are in a Neptune and the event occurs...I also wondered how "elaborate" was New Years Eve on board.

My sister recently celebrated her retirement on the Ovation. They helped with a personalized surf and turf dinner (nigerian prawns and filet mignon) and a bottle of cab from the upcharge list. They found us at breakfast that day and delivered bellinis for the table and celeration pancakes for her. They also did up her room that night with a history of her career. It was quite impressive.

• Like 1

For a birthday or anniversary, you can certainly arrange a reserved table in the Restaurant for yourselves and friends on board.  You might also be able to place a special order ahead of time for a special meal, off-menu.

• Like 1

We have a big cruise this Autumn (longest one ever for us!) and we both have birthdays within 6 days of each other whilst cruising.

I am hoping we can order an Indian meal halfway between our birthdays to celebrate!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 12:16 PM, hoosier74 said:

There is a box to check on the preferences form to notify Seabourn of your special day.  The one issue I've had with it is that the day must occur during the cruise.  We've not been able to always schedule a cruise for a specific date, especially the last several years with all the cancellations.  My TA requested a 'special day' as outline by cruiseej last year for a milestone birthday for my husband which did not occur during the actual cruise and it didn't happen. But as noted we have also 'suffered' from not being able to fully enjoy the treat since we've been so well treated everywhere else on the ship. 

That has not been our experience at all.  We pick a date near DH birthday, we are usually cruising within a month, and it is properly celebrated every time. 

On 3/29/2022 at 3:16 PM, Mauzac said:

We have a big cruise this Autumn (longest one ever for us!) and we both have birthdays within 6 days of each other whilst cruising.

I am hoping we can order an Indian meal halfway between our birthdays to celebrate!  

Of course you can. What a great idea!

7 minutes ago, nolatravelgirl said:

Seabourn did a great job acknowledging my birthday. I didn't request anything but apparently they

knew based on the manifest. I felt bad that the cake went to waste. There is always so much to eat that I couldn't find room to eat more cake that night. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That is a big serving of awesome sauce!

Thanks for sharing !

1 hour ago, nolatravelgirl said:

I felt bad that the cake went to waste. There is always so much to eat that I couldn't find room to eat more cake that night. 

Isn't that the truth!  I have experienced that feeling as well.  I try to eat a bit of the cake.  It's always good.  Now, in my younger days......the whole thing would have disappeared!