My Mariner of the Seas Full Review March 2022

DeenOnDeck

On 3/29/2022 at 3:24 PM, molly361 said:

Thanks for the review Deena- best Slot pull ever!!

Oh my gosh, you were in that?!  One of our travelling party was too -- Mike!  Oh my gosh, you guys sure sounded like you were having a blast! 😄

2 hours ago, flamingos said:

Nice review! BingBong is one of my favorite cruise directors and we'll be on Mariner to see him in a few weeks.  I'm glad you had fun.

Thanks so much!  I agree, Mark was so great, and he was really bringing it ALL at the 80's party!  Such an awesome CD.  Have a great time on Mariner, I already want to go back! 

17 minutes ago, DeenOnDeck said:

Thanks so much!  I agree, Mark was so great, and he was really bringing it ALL at the 80's party!  Such an awesome CD.  Have a great time on Mariner, I already want to go back! 

Tell me about the Escape Room - how much, what hours are available, how long does it take, how many on a team and how many teams are in there at the same time.  Details - I've never done it before.  Thanks!

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 7:13 PM, flamingos said:

Tell me about the Escape Room - how much, what hours are available, how long does it take, how many on a team and how many teams are in there at the same time.  Details - I've never done it before.  Thanks!

Hi, Flamingos! Well, I'm actually going to do a post about it, but thanks for the great ideas on what folks might want to know!  So, it's $20pp and it's a book-in-advance, reservation type of deal.  As far as I know, it's available any time during your cruise (like normal hours, I'd imagine, 9am-10pm is a guess) as long as it's not already full.  Sometimes it would show up in the digital cruise compass like "8pm Observatorium Escape Room" - I guess that was their way of advertising they had availability at that time.  There is only one team and that's everyone doing the escape room at that time (they weren't all from our group, there were 12, but I THINK they said it can be up to 15) - you all work together.  In the beginning, Russell our "guide" gave us a big speech about working together, sharing info (a must), etc.  All in all, it was EXCELLENT.  Not TOO terribly hard, but not a piece of cake, either -- we really had to work! 

29 minutes ago, DeenOnDeck said:

Hi, Flamingos! Well, I'm actually going to do a post about it, but thanks for the great ideas on what folks might want to know!  So, it's $20pp and it's a book-in-advance, reservation type of deal.  As far as I know, it's available any time during your cruise (like normal hours, I'd imagine, 9am-10pm is a guess) as long as it's not already full.  Sometimes it would show up in the digital cruise compass like "8pm Observatorium Escape Room" - I guess that was their way of advertising they had availability at that time.  There is only one team and that's everyone doing the escape room at that time (they weren't all from our group, there were 12, but I THINK they said it can be up to 15) - you all work together.  In the beginning, Russell our "guide" gave us a big speech about working together, sharing info (a must), etc.  All in all, it was EXCELLENT.  Not TOO terribly hard, but not a piece of cake, either -- we really had to work! 

Thank you so much!!  How long did it take?

I do not see that we can reserve it on the cruise planner, so I guess we have to wait and do it in the app once on board?

15 hours ago, flamingos said:

Thank you so much!!  How long did it take?

I do not see that we can reserve it on the cruise planner, so I guess we have to wait and do it in the app once on board?

Yeah, my friend reserved it, but I'm pretty sure she was not able to do so until we were actually on board.  You are in and out in one hour, roughly -- might be less, but not more I'd think.  I know our awesome guide, Russell, says he helps groups who are stuck lol. 

• Like 1