Future Cruise Credit Question

blag

We were able to use FCC which was compensation for a cruise cancelled at the start of the pandemic and FCC which was a deposit refund from a different cancellation together on a new booking. 
This was done via a travel agent so I don’t know it it was an exception or not.

3 minutes ago, Riocca said:

We were able to use FCC which was compensation for a cruise cancelled at the start of the pandemic and FCC which was a deposit refund from a different cancellation together on a new booking. 

Just to be sure. You used two FCC's for one cruise, via your TA? 

5 minutes ago, Riocca said:

A certain on line agency is currently saying no to us (even though due to a weird processing activity during an audit by Azamara our vouchers got resplit after we thought we had used one and also were not split evenly between dh and us, so we have four vouchers, 2 each all for differing amounts)  So I think Riocca had an exception

We have at least one future cruise that is using 4 certificates!   So its possible.   Perhaps your TA has to find a friendly AZ person, I don't know, but we have used more than one cert several times

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, blag said:

Just to be sure. You used two FCC's for one cruise, via your TA? 

Yes, I’ve double checked the invoice, to be pedantic it’s actually 4 as it’s 2 each. The FCC’s were issued to our agent and they just asked if we wanted to use them.

58 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Yes, I’ve double checked the invoice, to be pedantic it’s actually 4 as it’s 2 each. The FCC’s were issued to our agent and they just asked if we wanted to use them.

Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

Just an FYI: I would keep a close eye on how far out (date wise) your FCCs are. Many with FCC on Crystal Cruises wound up losing their money.  Some lost thousands.

Thanks. Of course, many had little choice, and can do nothing about the FCC allocation.

Since you raised this flag, do you have any suggestions as to what would be a prudent maximum? 

Sorry, I don't. But considering what others experienced on Crystal (and what I almost experienced), I would be reluctant to accept any FCC if I can receive cash.

On Crystal, I was booked for a Black Sea Cruise in early May 2022. While on Crystal Symphony for the Dec. 18th Holiday Cruise, my full payment for the May Black Sea cruise came due.  Little did we onboard know that that Dec. 18th  Holiday Cruise would be the last cruise of the Crystal Symphony to fully complete its itinerary. (The one leaving Dec. 29th would be truncated because of the Bankruptcy.) Amazing that Crystal charged my card, even though they were about to go bankrupt. I was able to get my entire payment returned. Thank goodness I did not accept a FCC for cruises departing after May 2022, which is when Crystal stated they would be sailing again. I would have probably lost the whole amount!