Un-Boosted Have to Test Within 48 hours, Not 72

shortyjoesmith

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I don't mind the vaccine requirement, at least you have control over it, but the testing requirement is what bothers me. What about false positives? What about the timing, especially if you are flying in early to Europe?

When looking at the big picture, I think false negatives are a bigger problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

When looking at the big picture, I think false negatives are a bigger problem.

I meant not being able to cruise despite not being ill. That is why I wrote false positives. But, if it makes you happier, false results from a Covid test.

18 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I meant not being able to cruise despite not being ill. That is why I wrote false positives. But, if it makes you happier, false results from a Covid test.

I understood. I think one reason covid still shows up on cruise ships is people testing negative when they really aren't. I think false negatives are more common than false positives.

I think in general, if a covid test says you are positive, you are, whether you feel ill or not. Sure, a test can be contaminated and result in a false positive, but is not common. I think it is easier for a test to be improperly given, and would result in a false negative if the person was positive.

If you are afraid of testing positive, all the more reason to be extra careful to not be exposed during the period prior to your trip.

13 minutes ago, wanderlust0713 said:

Can someone dumb it down for me please.. my cruise leaves on a Monday. I’ll be eligible for the booster but won’t have it. So I can’t do a rapid test or I can? And it has to be done Saturday right?

You can do a rapid test if one on the Carnival list and it has to be done within 2 days of departure, so anytime Saturday, Sunday, or even Monday AM if you get the results in time.

• Thanks 1

It's been very hard to follow what's what and when as far as testing goes with Carnival.  It's all a big shi* show.  So many inconsistencies.  They need to give the testing up and move forward without it.  Stand up to the CDC.  Meanwhile Carnival is overstepping and taking seriously taking advantage.  My kids won't be able to get off the ship unless we buy an overpriced tour and then, apparently, the C magically is no longer an issue.  Nevermind that anyone of us vax'd people could get off AND BRING BACK THE C* but whatever.  Never in all of my ten cruises have I EVER purchased an overpriced tour through the cruise line and I'm not starting now just so my kids can get off the ship. 

Clearly Carnival has done a horrible job in keeping things straight because there are 30 different people interpreting it 30 different ways.  We leave next Saturday (4/9).  Wife and I are one of the 48-hour people which sucks because that basically limits our testing to Rapid Antigen which some insurances are no longer covering.  However, fortunately, ours will cover it but I can see how others would feel screwed because that's another $50, 100, 150 out of pocket for testing.  Having three kids who will NOT be getting the jab, it's $150 a kid for us having to test through Carnival.  

Good luck all with your C* testing Carnival decoders!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, crazyank said:

Not a chance.  More and more countries are dropping the entry test requirements, except for the USA, unless somebody steps on the CDC the USA will continue entry testing for awhile.  The cruise lines will wake up to how much customers hate the test requirement and then it will be gone

Testing is making a mint for corporations that donate alot of money to campaign funds. While waiting at one airport clinic for testing and results, there had to be at least 75 people @$65 a pop...times 12 hours times 7 days times 52 weeks...$$$$$$$$$ 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I understood. I think one reason covid still shows up on cruise ships is people testing negative when they really aren't. I think false negatives are more common than false positives.

I think in general, if a covid test says you are positive, you are, whether you feel ill or not. Sure, a test can be contaminated and result in a false positive, but is not common. I think it is easier for a test to be improperly given, and would result in a false negative if the person was positive.

If you are afraid of testing positive, all the more reason to be extra careful to not be exposed during the period prior to your trip.

So, if you are so afraid of false negatives leading to Covid outbreaks on ships, why are you still cruising?

• Like 3