PVP Credit for Held Cruise?

cloudninecat

13 minutes ago, cloudninecat said:

Can your PVP still get credit for booking the cruise if you put it on hold and then call them? I don't want to loose the room before they call me back but I want them to get credit for the booking. 

Yes.  I put mine on hold first, then once I receive the “hold email” I forward it to my PVP.   She then calls me and I pay for it.  

my friend who is going with me called my PVP and paid her deposit the next day, prior to the expiration of the hold.  They’ve be pretty generous with the number of hold days, I thought. 

• Like 2

Last time I did this, my booking number changed.  I'm worried now - do they actually get credit for a held cruise, or do they simply rebook you and swap in your chosen cabin?  I know this sounds like semantics, but if it's actually them booking it from scratch, I absolutely need my PVP to call me back tomorrow.   I just held a cruise on a promotion that ends tomorrow, and if he's booking from scratch, I know from experience he can't access expired promos even if I contacted him to book well before it expired. I do want him to get the credit - I 'owe' him for handling my cancelled cruise credits well - but I don't know how squeaky a wheel I need to be tomorrow.

Edited by Virga

28 minutes ago, Virga said:

Last time I did this, my booking number changed.  I'm worried now - do they actually get credit for a held cruise, or do they simply rebook you and swap in your chosen cabin?  I know this sounds like semantics, but if it's actually them booking it from scratch, I absolutely need my PVP to call me back tomorrow.   I just held a cruise on a promotion that ends tomorrow, and if he's booking from scratch, I know from experience he can't access expired promos even if I contacted him to book well before it expired. I do want him to get the credit - I 'owe' him for handling my cancelled cruise credits well - but I don't know how squeaky a wheel I need to be tomorrow.

My PVP would normally cancel the hold and rebook (same cabin/new booking#). But on my recent booking the offer expired on a Friday and cruise was on hold until Monday. Once I spoke with him he couldn’t rebook since offer expired so he proceeded with the existing booking. I did ask about him getting credit and he said yes and was still glad that I reached out to him to complete the booking.

My PVP is pretty slow to respond but I left a vm stating that I had a cruise on hold and what time it was expiring. He called me back same day. 

Edited by live.love.cruise
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, live.love.cruise said:

My PVP would normally cancel the hold and rebook (same cabin/new booking#). But on my recent booking the offer expired on a Friday and cruise was on hold until Monday. Once I spoke with him he couldn’t rebook since offer expired so he proceeded with the existing booking. I did ask about him getting credit and he said yes and was still glad that I reached out to him to complete the booking.

My PVP is pretty slow to respond but I left a vm stating that I had a cruise on hold and what time it was expiring. He called me back same day. 

Thank you!  That's exactly what I needed to know!!

14 hours ago, Virga said:

My PVP asks that if I e-mail i put "ready to book" in the subject line.  That way she makes sure she gets back to me ASAP to finalize the booking,  Send a second e-mail or call again with that message to alret him the matter is time sensitive.

16 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

What about transferring to a TA?  I booked two cruises yesterday at the 50% off discount and paid the deposit.  Can I still transfer to my TA to get their OBC?

Yes. I have done that several times.

• Like 1

I have a new PVP who has booked two cruises for us within the past few weeks.  Both times I put the cruise on hold then texted her (her preference) to let her know I had a cruise on hold and I gave her the booking number.  She's called me back within 30 minutes both times to complete the booking - the booking number hasn't changed.  

• Like 1