Liberty of the Seas - Suites bathroom question

Question for those of you who have been in a suite on Liberty that only has the tub/shower combo.  We have elderly parents who booked a guarantee suite, not realizing it had a tub.  We know they will not be able to get in and out of the tub, and the obvious solution would be for them to change their booking to a balcony or handicap suite.  They refuse to do that, so for the purpose of this question, changing categories is not an option.

So here is the question:  In photos of the suite bathrooms on Liberty, it looks like there may be a floor level drain.  Does anyone know if there is a floor drain, and if so, any idea if the floor is sloped toward it, and would the hand-held shower reach around the edge of the shower to where Mom could sit on the commode lid and rinse off?  I know that is a BAD idea, but at this point we are grasping for any possible ways for them to make the suite work.  I believe the other option would be for them to use showers in the gym area, but they probably are separate for men and women, so Dad wouldn't be able to assist Mom if they shower there.

TIA, appreciate any insight or suggestions.

There is usually a drain at the floor level near the toilet.  If for some luck they get an OS, that has a stand alone shower.  One option you might want to see if it works for a JS with a tub is to order a tub seat.  The one that we got on another ship was just a seat with not arms.  Not sure if that would allow her to sit and then swing her legs into the tub.  Depends on the size of the tub chair and the angle of the tub walls but might be something to try.  Good luck!

• Like 1

We had an accessible junior suite on Deck 10 which would pretty much allow what you're describing... The hand-shower didn't reach to the commode -- instead there was a bench in the shower area (curtained) and grab bars. 

Space wise, the bathroom was double the size of a standard, and the cabin width itself felt about 50% bigger than the regular Junior Suite.

Edited by Lane Hog

Would they concider upgrading to an Owners Suite? 

I am not sure how well the drain works. The reason I say that is I was using the restorrom and there were several drops coming from the celiling. It wasn't bad but it was enough for some concern. 

There was a small ledge on the back of the tub in the JS, maybe she could sit down on the ledge to get in

They would need to switch from their guarantee to either get an accessible JS, or upgrade to an actual suite.  With a "suite guarantee" they are all but guaranteed to get a regular JS.  

If they refuse to change their room category, they should be prepared to do sponge baths for the duration of the cruise.  

If they don't want to switch to a balcony because they want the extra room, make sure they know that if they get an ACCESSIBLE balcony room, the whole room is larger, including the bathroom with a walk/roll in shower with a fold-down shower bench.  

Good feedback from all, thank you so much.  Suites and accessible cabins are sold out on their sailing, so we may try to get them to change to a balcony cabin.

I can't tell from the deck plans if there is a shower or just a changing room in the spa/gym area, but that would be an option if they don't switch to a balcony.