First Solo

scottygirl

I just booked my first solo cruise.  Summit Nov 10-14, 2022.  Booked Aqua Class with a single rate "discount" which amounts to about 40%.  I have had some major life changes this past year and never imagined cruising solo but here I am.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, scottygirl said:

I just booked my first solo cruise.  Summit Nov 10-14, 2022.  Booked Aqua Class with a single rate "discount" which amounts to about 40%.  I have had some major life changes this past year and never imagined cruising solo but here I am.

Good for you!  Booking Aqua Class and receiving such a discount:  you are on your way for a wonderful cruise!  

• Like 1

Good for you!  Sometimes it just takes that first 'leap' to give it a try.  Mine was on a little shorter notice than yours is, but it can be a 'freeing' experience.  I've only been on two cruises completely on my own, but once you strike up some conversations with fellow cruisers you may find some to pal around with.  I did on my last cruise and I only spent around 24 hours as a solo before I had others that allowed me to hang out with them for the rest of the trip!  They invited me, and I had every intention of spending the week doing entirely my own thing but I had the BEST time with them!

I'm not saying that's the way to go, but there's something about being on a cruise ship that opens some people up (see the other recent thread in this forum section).

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LouisV said:

I didn't know that Celebrity offers discounts for solo cruisers. 

I’m not sure it’s a “discount” but a reduction of the solo supplement. Invoice list the full cruise fare and then subtracts single fare. That’s why I put the word “discount” in quotes. Sarcasm. Bottom line I’m not paying a 100% solo supplement. 

Edited by scottygirl