D+ Internet Question

Just turned D+ and wife and I are about to sail Allure.  I understand that as D+, wife and I get 2 free days of internet so here is my question…. Do I wait and use our 2 free days THEN purchase remainder on board, or should I pre-purchase the package anyhow because it’s still “cheaper” then purchasing on board.  Confused and seeking help….

6 minutes ago, One Morlock said:

Do I wait and use our 2 free days THEN purchase remainder on board, or should I pre-purchase the package anyhow because it’s still “cheaper” then purchasing on board.  

You can't apply your on board D+ discount to a pre-purchased Voom package. Wait to buy (in various permutations) on board - on a 7 day sailing, you are better off buying on board.

Edited by Biker19

5 minutes ago, One Morlock said:

Just turned D+ and wife and I are about to sail Allure.  I understand that as D+, wife and I get 2 free days of internet so here is my question…. Do I wait and use our 2 free days THEN purchase remainder on board, or should I pre-purchase the package anyhow because it’s still “cheaper” then purchasing on board.  Confused and seeking help….

My rule of thumb is to pre purchase for 8 day cruises, use the discount for 6 days.

I'm D + and ran into something odd. Usually the coupon is enough for 2 separate days wifi. Basic is 19.99 and the surf and stream 25.99. So I purchase the 1 day and then the other day later. We missed a port yesterday so maybe too many wanted to get online they raised the price of suf and stream from 25.99 to 32.99. I will try and post a couple screen shots showing I couldnt just buy 1 day and not have it subtract 32.99 from my coupon amt of 51.99. 

20220331_104645359.jpeg

20220331_104711927.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

OMG, RCI went to dynamic pricing on Voom. 😪

So what I did was sit on my hands. Not easy for me. Waited until midnight and price then dropped to 24.99 .. lol have $2 of my coupon left.

Was 25.99 earlier in the week.

And just a fyi. I checked at 11:45 pm and price was still 32.99. Refreshed at 12:03 right after midnight for the 24.99 pricing. This was late last night. I'm onboard now.

20220401_000246586.jpeg

20220401_000302822.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

We missed costa maya yesterday along with allure. Some I think planned to get off and could use their cell phones to call mainland for free from mexico. So might account for the rush to get online. Everyone suddenly at loose ends. Too windy to dock.