Conflicting info

Our 1st post covid cruise is in 2 weeks

very excited to get back to cruising. 

All 3 of us (2 adults and one child 11 yr old) are fully vaccinated and our cards were unloaded into our “ check in” on the app. Under “vaccination” it says “we have your vaccination record” and “proof of vaccination accepted” on all of our check in records 

so I was surprised when I received an email today, directing us to register our unvaccinated 11 yr old for a port day test. 
when I called crown and anchor reps, I was told that, according to their records, the 11 yr old WAS showing vaxed, but my hubby was listed as unvaxed. She could not explain why I got an email for the 11 yr old. 
she said “just bring your cards to the port and it will ‘be ok’”. I insisted I get something in writing and she sent me an invoice that shows all 3 guests vaxed. When I asked to speak to her supervisor she ignored me and kept talking. 

I am very detail oriented and this irregularity is driving me crazy. I am 100% sure I have all the rules/regs for vaxed guests satisfied but afraid that RCI is clueless and lacking in customer service

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

thanks!!!

I've cruised three times since reopening.  Please take your vaccination card and show them proof of a negative covid test at the port.  The rep will make look for dates/name on the card and a negative test.  It'll be fine.  

I'm detail oriented as well, I understand your stress.  The Royal IT department strikes again.  😞

• Thanks 1

Just now, hotwheels920 said:

I've cruised three times since reopening.  Please take your vaccination card and show them proof of a negative covid test at the port.  The rep will make look for dates/name on the card and a negative test.  It'll be fine.  

I'm detail oriented as well, I understand your stress.  The Royal IT department strikes again.  😞

thanks for understanding my stress!  I tried to make light of it by telling hubby “so sad for you, you might be waving bye to us”🤣

• Like 2

Yep, they automatically send that email, even though the child's vaccination card is loaded.  We had the same issue.  We took all our vaccination cards with us and there wasn't any issue at all at the port with regard to the 10 year old. He did the antigen test 2 days prior, just like we did, and it was exactly what was needed. No PCR, no test on boarding day--they are treated exactly like a vaccinated adult, but their system that sends out those emails doesn't seem to want to recognize that. 

4 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Yep, they automatically send that email, even though the child's vaccination card is loaded.  We had the same issue.  We took all our vaccination cards with us and there wasn't any issue at all at the port with regard to the 10 year old. He did the antigen test 2 days prior, just like we did, and it was exactly what was needed. No PCR, no test on boarding day--they are treated exactly like a vaccinated adult, but their system that sends out those emails doesn't seem to want to recognize that. 

That explanation is easy to understand. If the representative would have told me that,

I would have been satisfied!!!!

thanks for the reassurance!   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smplybcause said:

If irregularities drive you insane you either don't cruise with royal much or you're this close to a padded room. 

One statement is true one is false—

we are diamond plus on Royal. 

• Haha 3

Yes I have cruised with our vaccinated kids - 7 and 10 - and they are correct. Ignore the email asking you to sign up for the test. Bring your kids vaccination cards to the port and you will be fine. We are sailing on the oasis Apr 17 and received the same email. We are ignoring them. They will give your child a “vax” sticker as soon as you get to the port and treat them as a Vax adult. You are good! Just being all of your negative tests and vaccine cards and you will be fine. I agree it’s super unnerving when they send that email. 

Edited by mia081081

6 minutes ago, mia081081 said:

They will give your child a “vax” sticker as soon as you get to the port and treat them as a Vax adult.

In Galveston, they simply asked if our son was vaccinated, we said yes, and we bypassed the unvax lane (aka, testing room)

On 4/1/2022 at 7:31 PM, SailingMimi12 said:

Our 1st post covid cruise is in 2 weeks

very excited to get back to cruising. 

All 3 of us (2 adults and one child 11 yr old) are fully vaccinated and our cards were unloaded into our “ check in” on the app. Under “vaccination” it says “we have your vaccination record” and “proof of vaccination accepted” on all of our check in records 

so I was surprised when I received an email today, directing us to register our unvaccinated 11 yr old for a port day test. 
when I called crown and anchor reps, I was told that, according to their records, the 11 yr old WAS showing vaxed, but my hubby was listed as unvaxed. She could not explain why I got an email for the 11 yr old. 
she said “just bring your cards to the port and it will ‘be ok’”. I insisted I get something in writing and she sent me an invoice that shows all 3 guests vaxed. When I asked to speak to her supervisor she ignored me and kept talking. 

I am very detail oriented and this irregularity is driving me crazy. I am 100% sure I have all the rules/regs for vaxed guests satisfied but afraid that RCI is clueless and lacking in customer service

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

thanks!!!

You got an email confirmation that they show all 3 vaccinated, that’s detail.  Just show up with your cards 

• 2 months later...