Hotel about an hour away from Miami port?

poocher

Current plan is to fly into MCO,  get picked up by our daughter who lives in Maitland & drive to our cruise out of Miami.  Thinking we could stay about an hour away (cheaper?) and drive the rest of the way in the morning.  Suggestions for an area that would fit the bill?

10 hours ago, FOPMan said:

Cypress Creek Road exit off of I-95; West Palm Beach.

Good suggestion.  It is actually the last Pompano Beach/first Fort Lauderdale exit heading south on I-95 (#33). 

• Thanks 1

The reason that particular exit (33) is helpful is that there are at least three mid-tier and above hotels nearby. There are quite a number of restaurants. 

Depending on traffic, it should be almost exactly 60 minutes to PortMiami.

We are accustomed to driving about an hour from my daughter’s home to PC (the “chauffeur” gets a free cruise) so I thought driving part way the night before would be a good idea.  Looks like it’s about 3 1/2 hrs total from her place to Miami.  So not a terribly long drive that night and a fairly quick shot to the terminal the next morning.  I usually book Marriotts for loyalty points & getting a reliable level of quality & there are many in that area.

We are flying into/out of FLL for our Horizon trip next month.  Someone on Cruise Critic mentioned Marco Polo Resort in Sunny Isles Beach (between Ft Lauderdale and Miami).   I like the idea of a beachfront hotel in a less densely populated area so that is where we are staying the 1st night.  King ocean view balcony usually goes for $199 + taxes/fees so not much more than your average name-brand airport hotel.

53 minutes ago, FOPMan said:

The reason that particular exit (33) is helpful is that there are at least three mid-tier and above hotels nearby. There are quite a number of restaurants.

You also avoid the resort fees and parking fees commonly charged by beachfront and near the beach hotels in South Florida. 

• Thanks 1