Poll-Carnival You Only Turn 50th Once Sale Bookings

MMfan14

Cruised in Feb and have a Vegas trip planned so wasn't really thinking about another cruise due to husband's limited vacation time.

Only way would be a Labor Day timed cruise to have that extra day off. Came across an Alaskan cruise that fits but it would be in late August-early Sept.

I know nothing about cruising Alaska especially at that time so put it on hold while I quickly try to research and decide.

Would be in a spa cabin, we had the spa passes on the Dream and loved spending time every day in the thermal suites.

Is anyone seeing any available cruises for July? We booked one using that promo for November, maybe it’s Max one cruise? I had one hold and thought it expired today but it expired last night. It’s showing no promos available and $300/more. 😞 

35 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Cruised in Feb and have a Vegas trip planned so wasn't really thinking about another cruise due to husband's limited vacation time.

Only way would be a Labor Day timed cruise to have that extra day off. Came across an Alaskan cruise that fits but it would be in late August-early Sept.

I know nothing about cruising Alaska especially at that time so put it on hold while I quickly try to research and decide.

Would be in a spa cabin, we had the spa passes on the Dream and loved spending time every day in the thermal suites.

Depends on the ship for the Spa pass. We don’t find it valuable if the spa doesn’t have a thalassotherapy pool 

Had a great deal email from Carnival for a free cruise at the beginning of March and took advantage for a 5 day Miami cruise on Mar 21.  It was great to finally be able to travel and get back to cruising.  

Took advantage of the 50th sale by booking another cruise for this August, Next April and also April 2024.  I have a feeling that prices will only be increasing and the 50th sale had such great deals I had to take advantage of them.

• Like 3

My wife got a great deal on this promo yesterday and put a hold on it. It's shows that it is on hold in her account and we are trying to pay for it now but Carnival's site won't process our credit card. *****?

3 minutes ago, CONCH65 said:

My wife got a great deal on this promo yesterday and put a hold on it. It's shows that it is on hold in her account and we are trying to pay for it now but Carnival's site won't process our credit card. *****?

Call in ....

3 hours ago, TeresaJ said:

When I try searching again, I only see 2-5 day cruises under the offer now. I tried my sons VIFP and he has the 50th deal for all sorts of cruises, even the new ships Celebration and Jubilee. So I think it must be limited on how many cruises you can book with the 50th birthday offer.

I have a family member taking advantage of the deal and once they put a hold on a 7 day all the up to 50% offers disappeared. However, they could still book a 2-5 day or Australia with the code.  So I am assuming, once you hold/ book a 2-5 or 7+ day the deal is gone.

11 minutes ago, onejeepster said:

Try to use Firefox as I find using another internet website will sometimes work.  Hope that will work out.

Thanks. We were using Firefox. Must have been Carnival's website as we just tried again and now we are officially booked on the Spirit to Alaska for 8 nights this May. $542 each for a balcony cabin with fees. I'm glad we were able to get in on this deal.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BabyJacks17 said:

I have a family member taking advantage of the deal and once they put a hold on a 7 day all the up to 50% offers disappeared. However, they could still book a 2-5 day or Australia with the code.  So I am assuming, once you hold/ book a 2-5 or 7+ day the deal is gone.

Does anyone know whether you see the PDN/50% off offer again if you just release the hold?  We have a hold but want to pick a different cruise to book.  Thanks.

7 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Does anyone know whether you see the PDN/50% off offer again if you just release the hold?  We have a hold but want to pick a different cruise to book.  Thanks.

I think the sale ended. I was searching a bit ago and am not seeing this offer anymore.

• Like 3

I don't see it either.  So I hold two on hold and went ahead a deposited on one just in case it might disappear at some time.  The other hold is for a date I need to change so I will have to try that through a TA or maybe directly via phone with Carnival.  Just wondering if anyone is trying to do the same?

1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

I believe it ended yesterday.  The only one still showing up in my profile (as I didn't take advantage of the sale) is 50% for Australia cruises.

24 minutes ago, Tjcalley said:

We somehow got a cruise for 4 people Oceanview (small kids) for $1800 on the Magic 8 day southern. My mom who is Diamond didn’t show any discounts like this. We jumped on it!

Great! It's amazing and yet somewhat disturbing where in this case loyalty doesn't pay. Carnivals offers and who they go to lately are sure to rub some the wrong way, the loyalists. It isn't right in my mind  but I'll take the offers when I can like you did. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeresaJ said:

I think the sale ended. I was searching a bit ago and am not seeing this offer anymore.

When I go to the site it looks like it was extended. It states "One more chance..." with a timeline of 33+ hours left to go. I wonder if it's because I don't have anything booked with them.

• Like 1

My husband and I have 4 booked cruises with Carnival. May, and October of 2022 and a back to back October 2023. We got this offer and booked an 8 day for March 2024. All that to say, I think it was loyalty, birthday celebration and/or luck. You pick. 🤔

Edited by Indiansbaseball

19 minutes ago, HxFx said:

When I go to the site it looks like it was extended. It states "One more chance..." with a timeline of 33+ hours left to go. I wonder if it's because I don't have anything booked with them.

I too see it was extended but what they extended was not the same offer from the two days prior.... not even close. There is no instant 50% off with this "extension". What I paid yesterday for the Jubilee at $1700 is now $2700 under this extension. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2022 at 9:57 AM, cruisemom2 said:

This sale doesn't show up for me in our offers - and I've been looking several times a day.  Our kids have a 3 day cruise on hold for May for $100 less than the rates that are available to us.  Seems that's always the case.  We went on Mardi Gras with them last month and they paid less for their deck 17 Spa balcony than we paid for our deck 16 Lido balcony - AND got $500 OBC.  We got nothing but a high priced cruise (but loved it anyway).  😂

Unfortunately not everyone got this offer.. we had 24 people book the July 15th, 2023 cruise on the Celebration the day it came out.. We have friends in Texas who have taken more Carnival Cruises as us not get the offer..

We got 8 night category 8G which is the highest non spa balcony for $1721.. Prices for same cabin were coming up over $3300

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Great! It's amazing and yet somewhat disturbing where in this case loyalty doesn't pay. Carnivals offers and who they go to lately are sure to rub some the wrong way, the loyalists. It isn't right in my mind  but I'll take the offers when I can like you did. 

32 minutes ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

Unfortunately not everyone got this offer.. we had 24 people book the July 15th, 2023 cruise on the Celebration the day it came out.. We have friends in Texas who have taken more Carnival Cruises as us not get the offer..

We got 8 night category 8G which is the highest non spa balcony for $1721.. Prices for same cabin were coming up over $3300

Going back to last summer, we tried to put together a big family cruise for this summer.  It fell apart for several reasons (most importantly as it turned out, two of our nieces were pregnant and didn't know it at the time), but the rates were ALL over the place.  As has been the case since then, we had the highest rates.  All the "kids" (in their 30s) had amazing rates with OBC.  It's too bad it didn't work out, we'll try it again in a year or two.  My husband and I are the only ones in that group who are Platinum, though our youngest son is almost there.  I don't begrudge anyone getting a great rate.  Eventually maybe we'll get them too.  😂

Edited by cruisemom2
  • Like 1

I booked a 5 night on the Elation for February 2024 with this offer. It effectively amounts to no single supplement given I booked as a solo. Even with the higher port taxes in the Bahamas compared to Mexico, the cruise wound up being nearly $250 cheaper than a 5-day sailing I had originally booked for October 2017 on the Fantasy, and that's before adjusting for inflation.

• Like 1