Bermuda Ferry Schedule/Cost?

AMCJavelin

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

Actually, Google Street View even shows a small modified shipping container they were using as the official bus and ferry pass sales office. The image is dated 2018 but I expect the sales office will be back in operation somewhere nearby

I would guess they will have something open for the morning hours before the Visitor Information opens like in the past.. Eithier kiosks or something in the cruise terminals. The Visitor Information Centre opens at 10:00. 

At the terminal in Hamilton, you can buy a book of 15 tickets for $37.50 cash.  Buy two tokens to get the two of you to Hamilton and buy the pass.  A 2 day pass for two would be over $60.  We're going to be in Bermuda for 3 days on our cruise.  We'll buy the book of tickets.  Happen to have 2 tokens and 2 tickets left from our last visit.

My ship comes in at 3 PM.  What can I do then, its too late to go to Hamilton right?

The next day its a the whole day.  I am thinking if I should get a $19 pass or just get tokens. The token can take you from the yard to St George?

The last day, my ship leave at 1 PM.  I wonder if I got time to take the bus to the island in the morning.

35 minutes ago, chong67 said:

My ship comes in at 3 PM.  What can I do then, its too late to go to Hamilton right?

The next day its a the whole day.  I am thinking if I should get a $19 pass or just get tokens. The token can take you from the yard to St George?

The last day, my ship leave at 1 PM.  I wonder if I got time to take the bus to the island in the morning.

You are arriving on a Sunday. All the stores will be closed. On Monday you can take the ferry to St George’s.  That would be a token each way. If you want to take the buses and ferries on Monday then a pass might make sense. You could take the ferry to St. George’s and then a bus to Hamilton and a ferry back to the Dockyard with a stop or two along the way. 

Edited by Charles4515

On 5/7/2022 at 10:07 AM, cocobakerchica said:

Yes you can, the Visitors Information Center at The Dockyards(it's across the way from the ferry dock) sells ferry/bus passes as well as tokens. 

Do you know if they also sell the 15 Tickets option ?

26 minutes ago, CGinMTL said:

They don't sell the ticket books at the Visitor Information Centers. They are not available at the Dockyard. They are sold at the Hamilton Bus Terminal,  Hamilton Ferry Terminal and at post offices. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CGinMTL said:

I haven't been to Bermuda this year so I can't say with certainty but at one time they were sold at the Dockyard but they haven't been for a few years.

22 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

They don't sell the ticket books at the Visitor Information Centers. They are not available at the Dockyard. They are sold at the Hamilton Bus Terminal,  Hamilton Ferry Terminal and at post offices. 

so not ( ticket gook)  in St. George? and would that be at any post office. are post offices easy to find. I ask because we plan to start in St george on day one and would look for a post office if they are easy to find.  thanks again for all your help by sharing your knowledge and experience. 

36 minutes ago, charlie murphy said:

so not ( ticket gook)  in St. George? and would that be at any post office. are post offices easy to find. I ask because we plan to start in St george on day one and would look for a post office if they are easy to find.  thanks again for all your help by sharing your knowledge and experience. 

The post office in St. George’s is easy to find. It is on Water St. About half way towards the town square. It would only take you a couple of minutes to check and see if they have them. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 5:02 PM, Charles4515 said:

Okay, question please.

Can we buy as many tokens as we wish at the Dockyard? Not a book of 15 or a day pass …say 4 for 2 return fares to Hamilton?? We are on the June 2nd Celebrity Summit cruise and will be in Bermuda on a weekend (wrecked all our plans and I don’t think the passes are worthwhile now). Also - someone mentioned “cash”. if we don’t buy tokens can we pay with a $5 bill each way on the ferries? No?

Thanks for any help! (Haven’t been to Bermuda in several years and always bought the 2 day pass)

30 minutes ago, durberville said:

Okay, question please.

Can we buy as many tokens as we wish at the Dockyard? Not a book of 15 or a day pass …say 4 for 2 return fares to Hamilton?? We are on the June 2nd Celebrity Summit cruise and will be in Bermuda on a weekend (wrecked all our plans and I don’t think the passes are worthwhile now). Also - someone mentioned “cash”. if we don’t buy tokens can we pay with a $5 bill each way on the ferries? No?

Thanks for any help! (Haven’t been to Bermuda in several years and always bought the 2 day pass)

You can buy as many tokens as you want. You can buy four. The ferry will take a $5 bill.  

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

Just now, LB_NJ said:

Does the ferry run in rain?  It looks like there will be rainy on Saturday.

The ferry is only suspended if the seas are very rough. 

For Bermuda forcasts use this link. http://www.weather.bm The weather apps on phones use an algorithm. The Bermuda weather service is usually more accurate.

• Thanks 1

Just to Bermuda in RCL adventure May 14,2022 ferry parked right outside boat but not operating. Only choice a van packed with fellow passengers to horseshoe beach.

We wore our masks.

Wife Covid-19’s test positive once home. Fully vaccinated and boosted. Cancer survivor missing lymph nodes. On pax Covid-19’s drugs for treatment at home!
Just a heads up!  especially for immune system compromised.
2,400 passengers multiple times $40 each Bermuda got $96,000.00 dollars from one ship. Brilliant business!Covered in Portuguese man of war stinging jellyfish. Many beaches closed. Nobody checked out our cards anywhere. Used to love Bermuda! Bermuda is a nightmare! The check in process a mess!

JoeSantos: So saddened to read your comments about your recent visit to Bermuda.  Cannot believe Bermuda would be so negligent regarding beaches, masks, ferries.  It will cost them but at $96K a ship they can enjoy their windfall and figure why the cruising customers may stop coming.  We sail on 6/19 and hope things get better.  Do hope your wife's Covid is mild.  Glad she did not get it on board.

1 hour ago, Joesantos said:

Covered in Portuguese man of war stinging jellyfish. Many beaches closed. Nobody checked out our cards anywhere.

Didn't the cruise line check your cards at check in? They would not need to check again. As for the Man of War they are always there in May. That is well known and I have posted about it to this forum. I think people book late April and May because that is when there are good deals. When you see really good deals there is often a reason. Because of the Man o War and the cool water temp May is not the time to go. I always wait until mid June. You did not have to take a van. You could have taken a taxi. We always take a taxi now and certainly would not  have taken a van with 30 people.  Sorry about your wifes positive test. 

• Like 1

I agree that with the $40 they are taking from cruise ship passengers. they should be running the ferries when we are in town

Just found the schedule

I am on a b2b

will be there 4 days in june ( only 1/4 has the ferry to St-George)

Really upset about this .

1 hour ago, CGinMTL said:

I agree that with the $40 they are taking from cruise ship passengers. they should be running the ferries when we are in town

Just found the schedule

I am on a b2b

will be there 4 days in june ( only 1/4 has the ferry to St-George)

Really upset about this .

FWIW the public ferry from Dockyard to St. George has not run on weekends in recent memory, if ever. It has nothing to do with the pandemic or the $40 fee .

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

FWIW the public ferry from Dockyard to St. George has not run on weekends in recent memory, if ever. It has nothing to do with the pandemic or the $40 fee .

There are a number of days the Orange Route does not operate during the week. I don't recall if that is new. It seems to coincide with ship departures. 

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

There are a number of days the Orange Route does not operate during the week. I don't recall if that is new. It seems to coincide with ship departures. 

It used to operate every week day regardless of whether a ship was in port. Now Bermuda doesn't seem to care whether any residents want to use the ferry so they've reduced service to only days when a ship is in port, and as you say it's not even operating on some days when a ship is in port but will be departing...probably because not a lot of cruise ship passengers traveled to St. George on departure days.

1 minute ago, kitkat343 said:

Am I correct in assuming the Blue route to hamilton runs every day?  And the only problem is that the Orange route to St. George doesn't run every day?

Here is what I think is this summer's ferry schedule:  http://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/Ferry/Summer Ferry Schedule 2022.pdf

Yes, the Blue Route runs every day but the Orange Route does not.

Yes, that is the summer 2022 schedule.