Bermuda Ferry Schedule/Cost?

AMCJavelin

Has a ferry schedule been posted yet for 2022?  Was interested in cost and schedule from Dockyard to Hamilton.  We were last in Bermuda in 2019 and if I remember correctly we were able to pay as we needed for the ferry but I cant recall the cost ( It may have been tokens that you purchased).  Any info is appreciated.  I think there was also a transportation pass for the buses and the ferry for like 2 or 3 days use, but I think it was much cheaper to just pay for the ferry as we needed.

Thanks in advance.  We will be cruising to Bermuda June 12th on Celebrity Summit.

8 minutes ago, AMCJavelin said:

Has a ferry schedule been posted yet for 2022?  Was interested in cost and schedule from Dockyard to Hamilton.  We were last in Bermuda in 2019 and if I remember correctly we were able to pay as we needed for the ferry but I cant recall the cost ( It may have been tokens that you purchased).  Any info is appreciated.  I think there was also a transportation pass for the buses and the ferry for like 2 or 3 days use, but I think it was much cheaper to just pay for the ferry as we needed.

Thanks in advance.  We will be cruising to Bermuda June 12th on Celebrity Summit.

The summer ferry schedule has not been released yet. Usually it is released in April. A token is $4.50. Cash fare is $5. YMMV but for me pay as needed was cheaper. 

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

The summer ferry schedule has not been released yet. Usually it is released in April. A token is $4.50. Cash fare is $5. YMMV but for me pay as needed was cheaper. 

Thank you! For life of me I couldn't remember how much it was.  I agree pay as needed was the way to go.

25 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

Can you just give them a $5 bill or do they need quarters?

Laura

On 4/6/2022 at 10:32 AM, flakids said:

Where can you get the tokens?  We arrive late into the Dockyard and plan to get on a ferry before the visitor center opens at 10

https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_000091.htm

*note: these are not updated prices or schedules, just general info

Edited by marci22
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

Can you just give them a $5 bill or do they need quarters?

Laura

You can buy a token for $4.50 to give them. If you pay cash I think for the ferry I believe they would appreciate a $5 bill not quarters. They don't have a fare box like on the buses. I know they will take a $5 bill. On the buses no bills if paying cash only exact change. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2022 at 7:55 PM, njhorseman said:

Yes. an unlimited adult one day pass good on all public ferries and buses is $19. A two day pass is $31.50.

The one-day isn't a great deal other than for convenience.  It's the cost of two round trips.  I've gone to St. George's in the morning and returned in the afternoon, then gone to Hamilton in the early evening; that was pretty much a full day.  Not like you're going to do "on-off" touring.

The two day and longer get you some savings.  Or if you hand the card off to someone.

15 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Any idea when/if they will post a schedule for 2022?  The cruise we have planned does not dock in Hamilton or St. George's so I really hope the ferry is running this year.

No idea when but I read a rumour that the 2022 schedule will go into effect in mid May. 

On 4/15/2022 at 12:24 PM, Charles4515 said:

No idea when but I read a rumour that the 2022 schedule will go into effect in mid May. 

I hope the ferry from Dockyard to St. George is running by May 18.  It's so much better than taking the bus.

• 3 weeks later...

We always paid as we "rode" but then realized that using the bus and ferry was so easy that made it a good deal to buy a two day package and then only stand in line to purchase once. Think it was around $30 a few years ago.

We did ride the bus later in the evening(mostly island residents) after enjoying dinner at Waterlot(Faimont Hotel) which had a bus stop ride at restaurant location.  The driver was so nice - he said the bus was not going to Dockyard but he brought us anyway.  Also one man returning from work  was sleeping and missed his stop and the driver turned around and brought him to his stop.

So looking forward to our visit in June.

20 minutes ago, dazey said:

We always paid as we "rode" but then realized that using the bus and ferry was so easy that made it a good deal to buy a two day package and then only stand in line to purchase once. Think it was around $30 a few years ago.

We did ride the bus later in the evening(mostly island residents) after enjoying dinner at Waterlot(Faimont Hotel) which had a bus stop ride at restaurant location.  The driver was so nice - he said the bus was not going to Dockyard but he brought us anyway.  Also one man returning from work  was sleeping and missed his stop and the driver turned around and brought him to his stop.

So looking forward to our visit in June.

That's exactly what we're going to do when we make our first ever visit in mid-June. The adult 2-day pass has gone up a bit and is now $31.50/pp, good for buses AND ferries, and will be much easier for us than renting a glorified golf cart at $200/day.  On a related note,  can you purchase the bus passes at the Dockyard? I can only find a bare bus stop at the Clock Tower but it doesn't look like there is a station that sells passes.  Or do we have to ferry in to Hamilton and buy them at the bus terminal?

10 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

That's exactly what we're going to do when we make our first ever visit in mid-June. The adult 2-day pass has gone up a bit and is now $31.50/pp, good for buses AND ferries, and will be much easier for us than renting a glorified golf cart at $200/day.  On a related note,  can you purchase the bus passes at the Dockyard? I can only find a bare bus stop at the Clock Tower but it doesn't look like there is a station that sells passes.  Or do we have to ferry in to Hamilton and buy them at the bus terminal?

Yes you can, the Visitors Information Center at The Dockyards(it's across the way from the ferry dock) sells ferry/bus passes as well as tokens. 

6 minutes ago, cocobakerchica said:

Yes you can, the Visitors Information Center at The Dockyards(it's across the way from the ferry dock) sells ferry/bus passes as well as tokens. 

Perfect, great news.  Thanks very much ! 

Edited by lx200gps

21 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

4 minutes ago, cocobakerchica said:

In addition to the Visitor's Center in the past at certain hours they've also sold them at a table or booth in the customs buildings at the piers but I don't know if they still are.

1 minute ago, lx200gps said:

Perfect, great news.  Thanks very much !

You're quite welcome. I don't know if they're still open, but there used to be smaller kiosks right on the wharf, so that when passengers got off they could buy tokens/passes right there. The last time I was in Bermuda was in '19, so not sure if they're still there.

Just now, cocobakerchica said:

You're quite welcome. I don't know if they're still open, but there used to be smaller kiosks right on the wharf, so that when passengers got off they could buy tokens/passes right there. The last time I was in Bermuda was in '19, so not sure if they're still there.

Actually, Google Street View even shows a small modified shipping container they were using as the official bus and ferry pass sales office. The image is dated 2018 but I expect the sales office will be back in operation somewhere nearby

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Actually, Google Street View even shows a small modified shipping container they were using as the official bus and ferry pass sales office. The image is dated 2018 but I expect the sales office will be back in operation somewhere nearby

Yep, that's exactly it. There used to be a separate kiosk on each wharf for each ship to use, and the wharf areas were updated/redesigned with new landscaping and the container replaced the smaller booths.

1 hour ago, cocobakerchica said:

In 2019 they had torn down the terminal bulding on Kings Wharf and were buliding a new terminal. The old terminal building had a ticket window for transportation tokens and passes.  So they needed the kiosks. I don't know what they are doing now. None of the recent visitors has reported back.