Bermuda Ferry Schedule/Cost?

AMCJavelin

On 6/1/2022 at 2:00 PM, Joesantos said:

Just to Bermuda in RCL adventure May 14,2022 ferry parked right outside boat but not operating. Only choice a van packed with fellow passengers to horseshoe beach.

We wore our masks.

Wife Covid-19’s test positive once home. Fully vaccinated and boosted. Cancer survivor missing lymph nodes. On pax Covid-19’s drugs for treatment at home!
Just a heads up!  especially for immune system compromised.
2,400 passengers multiple times $40 each Bermuda got $96,000.00 dollars from one ship. Brilliant business!Covered in Portuguese man of war stinging jellyfish. Many beaches closed. Nobody checked out our cards anywhere. Used to love Bermuda! Bermuda is a nightmare! The check in process a mess!

I'm very sorry about your wife's Covid diagnosis.  I just wanted to add for anyone who is discouraged by your experience that I was in Bermuda 5/26 - 5/28. None of the beaches were closed to my knowledge and we were able to enjoy Horseshoe Bay without any Portuguese Man of War sightings. (Annoying crowds from the other ship in port is another story...)  We also docked late and missed the Hamilton ferry so we took a crowded minibus into town, as well as to the beach the last day. We also wore masks and we did not catch covid. We were lucky and we had a fantastic time in Bermuda.

Wondering how many people didn’t get onboard because of Bermuda restoration issues! I sat with folks pre cruise out of Bayonne who were seasoned cruisers even was a booking agent and he was not through with procedures yet. Not stressed about it, I’m stressed out and making phone calls and everything. Finally I got approved in middle of the night! Never saw that guy or wife onboard a 9 night cruise! I’m sure there were others too! So we tested negative 3 separate times pre cruise!
On way home from cruise my wife is sick and tested positive and got Pav medicine and week later me to! I’m still sick, rebound covid19 after pav medicine!

150 cases onboard quarantine I heard!
Used to love Bermuda but put off by policy and we were crowded on a bus too! Many not wearing masks! The money folks are making off covid19 including these Bermuda registration stuff! How much money and very little regard for actual covid19 prevention!

Just got back from Bermuda trip.  The trip itself was fine although due to weather had to leave Bermuda a day early.  Can't really blame anyone because of weather.  Still really love Bermuda and will probably go again.

The travel application process for Bermuda was easy.  Just had to follow the directions on the Bermuda website.  The few extra dollars Bermuda charges for the application is pretty small compared to all the other costs of travel.  Although still a little annoyed at Celebrity for switching the order of ports.

As to COVID, unfortunately at this point it is endemic and at some point everyone will probably get it.  Doesn't matter if you travel or stay home.  You just need to do what you have to for yourself.  Vaccinations, high quality mask, etc.  Also pick the travel you are comfortable with.

• Like 2

Holy crap!  I just read your email about Bermuda and Covid and then again on topic about Bermuda travel authorization where people came back from Bermuda and had a terrible experience with Covid illnesses on board and crowded buses and no masks.  We leave on Sunday and am trying to make a decision to cancel or not.  It does seem like most people everywhere are carrying on with their lives as if Covid is no longer around.  I am concerned about this Bermuda cruise - will have to see what else I read.

6 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

The travel application process for Bermuda was easy.  Just had to follow the directions on the Bermuda website.  The few extra dollars Bermuda charges for the application is pretty small compared to all the other costs of travel. 

This should be posted as a sticky in bold type at the top of the board. 👍

1 hour ago, dazey said:

experience with Covid illnesses on board and crowded buses and no masks. 

Two people that I read complaining about crowded buses and no masks were specifically commenting on the minibuses. The $7 minibus to Horseshoe. Those hold 14 to 30 people crammed in and they fill every seat. I suggest avoiding those even though they are a good deal. I could see those being covid spreaders. With covid it would be obvious. Even before covid I was avoiding those because it felt like a cattle car. I was taking taxis. Yes, taxis are more expensive but they are safer.