Rumor

jcool

29 minutes ago, jcool said:

Is carnival going to Ocho Rico Rios? I heard a rumor that they are not going is that true or not? 

Our April 19th stop at Ocho Rios on Carnival Vista was change to Falmouth.  The notice was sent about a week ago.

Tim

Carnival lists an Ocho Rios stop sailing out of Miami on a 5 day. 

Also a 6 day out of Miami.

Also, a 7 day sailing out of New Orleans on the Glory. 

That's it. Out of 168 entries, only 3 going there. 

Our December NYE Sunrise sailing  went there, but Jamaican officials delayed getting off the ship until approximately 130 after supposed to being off, I think, at 10 originally.   Carnival didn't really explain the issue over the PA until around noon, and then they said there were questions being raised about the "paperwork".  Honestly, I think many folks, us included, thought it was a lost cause, and the Lido deck was becoming pretty chaotic.  About the time we were halfway through a round of mini golf, they announced we could disembark, which then led to pandemonium on the staircases to get to the gangway.   Our excursion was a 2-parter, so we went to Konoko Falls (great, BTW, and not crowded like Dunn's and more of an adventure in my opinion even though it's not as tall) but our Beach Break was skipped.  Carnival did change the departure time to make up some but not all of the lost time, and a portion of the excursion was credited back by the end of the day onto the SS account.  So, if Ocho Rios is being removed, then maybe this partly explains it ... too many hassles with their current requirements to make it worthwhile.   (We had no issues at other ports on that B2B trip.)  

Thanks everyone for answering my question? I wish carnival would have to told me. 

Lllbcruzn4life  

Please let me know what happens? 

Lane Hog  

It's not my. But I hope you enjoy it.