Just Off the Allure

7 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

The Royal Caribbean singers and dancers put on very good performances on both ships. As you most likely know there's no diving shows if that's what you're hoping to see. Also no Broadway style shows on either one. A ventriloquist that went from the Symphony to the Jewel was just so-so, nothing special. 

No broadway show on the Allure?

1 hour ago, theflowersmith said:

How soon were you able to book the shows? We sail April 30th and they're not available yet.

I believe you book them the moment your onboard with the app. 

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

he was writing about Symphony. He is not the OP.

LOL..thanks.... you're absolutely correct, the Symphony that we were on two weeks ago was somewhat disappointing, BUT looking forward to the Allure again in seven weeks. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RezzyNY said:

Sailing soon.  Tough to make MTD reservations when you can't reserve show times until you get onto the ship.  It's be nice to at least know the schedule.

That's so true, we experienced the same thing on the Symphony and Jewel last week.

OH..by the way... Anyone reading this post on the Jewel right now? If so, how's the "Chartered" cruise going doing the Western Caribbean. We were told that a T A with the first letter "B" had it for themselves for their "Naturalist" group. 

10 hours ago, RezzyNY said:

It'd be nice to at least know the schedule.

Look at the same current sailing schedule in the app - schedules don't change too much between sailings on O class ships.

Edited by Biker19

• 3 weeks later...

We are on allure this week.  Head waiter said -4300 guests this week.  Be sure to book shows (in the app) as soon as you board the ship for best selections, and be sure you get your phone on the ship WiFi network before you fire up the app, ensuring you “see” all the options. 

Even though we are only about 75% full we have encountered several fellow cruisers that said when they got on board at -2pm, many selections were already full, and all the comedy shows were full.  Word to the wise is make that task (booking shows) your #1 priority once on board.  I do hate that aspect of the oasis class, but if you want to set it to your preferences do it ASAP

Edited by cruzer0007
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruzer0007 said:

We are on allure this week.  Head waiter said -4300 guests this week.  Be sure to book shows (in the app) as soon as you board the ship for best selections, and be sure you get your phone on the ship WiFi network before you fire up the app, ensuring you “see” all the options. 

Even though we are only about 75% full we have encountered several fellow cruisers that said when they got on board at -2pm, many selections were already full, and all the comedy shows were full.  Word to the wise is make that task (booking shows) your #1 priority once on board.  I do hate that aspect of the oasis class, but if you want to set it to your preferences do it ASAP

This is dumb.  Back in pre-Covid times, you could book your reservations for entertainment shows on  the Oasis class ships on your Cruise Planner at least 3 months in advance, sometimes 4.  If you're an organized person like me, you want everything booked before you leave on your cruise, not having to work on the first day of your vacation.  When is RC going to put this back to the way it used to be?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruzer0007 said:

Where can I get the schedule for shows when I get on the Allure?

2 hours ago, arste said:

head to guest services for the sheet or there is a 'information booth' of sorts (maybe a wifi information booth??) right in the middle of the promenade .. I noticed they were helping people to make reservations on their phones.

On 4/27/2022 at 4:01 PM, cruzer0007 said:

do you know how many cruisers are expected next week...as in starting this Sat.?

Hope you are having a wonderful time!

On 4/5/2022 at 1:41 PM, Cruise Kay said:

I didn’t know that about the diving shows. Is that just Allure? Or all Oasis ships?

We were on Allure 4/2-4/10 There certainly were diving shows..phenomenal!  We also saw Mama Mia..awesome!!!!

• Like 2

On 4/5/2022 at 2:31 PM, theflowersmith said:

How soon were you able to book the shows? We sail April 30th and they're not available yet.

You can book the shows once onboard.  Also, go to Dazzle to see a great band with 2 singers,,hopefully they are still onboard.  We cruised April 2-10

Have a great time!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/27/2022 at 4:15 PM, arste said:

As soon as we got onboard, we went into I believe it was Bolero's, where they had the entertainment schedule and helped anyone who needed help (like me) to schedule your shows onto your app.  

On 4/5/2022 at 3:35 PM, smeck said:

I made my time dining reservations on the cruise planner some time ago. 

I also made my MTD reservations just the other day on the cruise planner for my September Adventure of the Seas cruise.  Once I was done, I looked, and it was on my Royal app.😉

On 4/5/2022 at 2:31 PM, theflowersmith said:

You canna only book once on board. If you are in a suite, the concierge will do it for you. This May  will be our third Allure this year ; there was never a problem for those wihtout reservations to get in 10 minutes prior. 

On 4/27/2022 at 4:35 PM, smeck said:

What sucks if you have a late arrival time scheduled to board you can get screwed out of a show how fair is that?

It DOES suck!! But...

Friend was on last week, we have been on twice this year .No issues  . 99% of the time seats available as those with reservations dont always show up and seating is to be less restricitive now.

It really IS a dumb way to do it. Last winter they were not even allowing stand by seating because they didnt want people congregating because of Covid. In February there were stabd by lines and plenty of people entered at the 10 minute mark. 

On 4/5/2022 at 1:32 PM, DJLDRUMS said:

The Royal Caribbean singers and dancers put on very good performances on both ships. As you most likely know there's no diving shows if that's what you're hoping to see. Also no Broadway style shows on either one. A ventriloquist that went from the Symphony to the Jewel was just so-so, nothing special. 

So no broadway shows? why?

is that going to continue ... I really enjoy the shows so I do hope when we go they will be showing

On 4/26/2022 at 2:23 PM, theflowersmith said:

Just one of the reasons I love the Allure. This will be my second time, sailing April 30th, 4 more days!! 

I hope you are having a wonderful cruise! If you happen to have wifi and check in here, would you mind posting the weekly entertainment schedule, as well as how many passengers are expected to board on May 8? I am so excited to be on Allure in a week! 

6 hours ago, life is to be happy said:

So no broadway shows? why?

is that going to continue ... I really enjoy the shows so I do hope when we go they will be showing

5 minutes ago, pinnacle_king2023 said:

is mama mia still being shown on allure??? i hope so

Allure is performing the full diving show, and yes Mama Mia is showing 

• Like 2