ALoft Brickell in Miami?

Tryingtocruise

2 hours ago, Tryingtocruise said:

Hi!  Has anyone stayed at the ALoft in Brickell?  Looking for 1 night next February and I'm a little shocked at the rates everywhere.  This seemed to be the best I could find that wasn't near the airport.  

Thanks.

Keep checking rates and (maybe) consider options such as AirBNB/VRBO.  I also suggest making sure you sign up for several loyalty accounts with the major hotel chains.  I had to book 4 total nights for our May cruise & 2 of those we chose Brickell.  Got 25% off Hyatt thru a (now expired) member deal at Hyatt Regency & spent $236 including taxes.  The after-cruise night was a little trickier since it is Memorial Day weekend.  Settled on an AirBNB that cost $303; area hotels were much higher.  Staying near the airport means you have to Uber to beach or port.  The Metro Mover is close to most Brickell hotels so it avoids additional transportation costs.

Edited by TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail

Stayed there a few years ago - It was convenient, near restaurants and Publix, not too expensive (rates fluctuate in/out of season - I caught a deal with Marriott points), clean, and had a shuttle to the port.  February is the very beginning of Spring Break in Miami, so prices will likely be high.

Aloft hotels in which I've stayed tend to be on the "no frills" side.  No restaurant, no concierge, no bell hops, no included parking etc. But, prices lower than the competition.

Beds were comfortable, shower was clean, that worked for me

On 4/3/2022 at 8:19 AM, Noxequifans said:

Looking at TripAdvisor there are too many negative ratings for me. 

I looked at TA too. For every 1* review, there were 10 4* & 5*  reviews. That seems like a pretty healthy ratio to me. I have not stayed at the Aloft, but I've stayed at the Hotel Indigo next door, so I can say the location is good. Other Aloft hotel I have stayed at have been good, I can't see why this one would be an exception.

So I looked at TripAdvisor and got nervous.  Bit the bullet and booked the Intercontinental.  As we live on the west coast of Florida, we're only staying the night before the cruise, leaving after work and therefore arriving 9 or 10 that evening.  A lot of money for not a long stay, but at least I know it will be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Maybe. They are the same company.

Yes, the two brands are part of the IHG.  But, there has always been a significant difference in the quality of the hotel experience between an Intercontinental Hotel and a Holiday Inn.  

58 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Yes, the two brands are part of the IHG.  But, there has always been a significant difference in the quality of the hotel experience between an Intercontinental Hotel and a Holiday Inn.  

Right, but often the owners of the hotel (which is different from the management company) choose to upgrade the brand. The Holiday Inn did that in Anaheim where they went through a complete refresh and remodel and emerged branded as Hotel Indigo.

• Like 1