Laundry question concerning special requirements

rcandkc

Are the laundry mats back open? . I have stupidly extremely sensitive skin and must use detergent formulated for sensitive skin.  I would prefer just to take care of it myself.  If they are not open..do you think a special request could be made for dye and perfume free detergent?

1 minute ago, flossie009 said:

Were they ever closed on any of the Regent ships?

They were certainly available on Splendor & Mariner in December.

I heard they were for awhile at least due to COVID. 

They're open, but they may not solve your problem. The detergent is automatically injected---you don't add it. And I'm pretty sure that the detergent is not dye/scent-free. You might want to have your TA check with Regent to see if the valet laundry will do a special load with your detergent. Of course, they would have to use a machine that also uses their regular detergent.

18 minutes ago, Tsunami74 said:

We were recently on Splendor, and the laundry rooms were open.  You got the detergent (supplied) separately and added.  Therefore, you could add your own detergent.

That would be perfect.  We will be on Mariner in May. 

2 hours ago, Tsunami74 said:

We were recently on Splendor, and the laundry rooms were open.  You got the detergent (supplied) separately and added.  Therefore, you could add your own detergent.

The detergent is supposed to be safe for the environment so while you can add it to the machines, it may be an issue.  I would have your travel agent call to see if it's allowed.  I recall some signage to that effect.

The older ships are different from Splendor and Explorer. Check about Mariner specifically. It's been a while since I've been on her, but I don't recall there being a way to turn off the detergent injection. I will be on her at the beginning of May, and can check then. But you might be on the same cruise so that might not do you any good. So do have your TA check.

• Like 1

We are on the Mariner now.  Just checked the laundry room on deck 9.  The front-load machines have a 'Push button to dispense detergent.'  So I imagine if you didn't push the button then the EcoLab detergent would not come out of the dispenser and go into the washer.  I did not see any signage indicating that other detergent should not be used.  You'll probably want to be sure that your detergent is low-sudsing and ecologically sound.

Edited by Kwaj girl
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

We are on the Mariner now.  Just checked the laundry room on deck 9.  The front-load machines have a 'Push button to dispense detergent.'  So I imagine if you didn't push the button then the EcoLab detergent would not come out of the dispenser and go into the washer.  I did not see any signage indicating that other detergent should not be used.  You'll probably want to be sure that your detergent is low-sudsing and ecologically sound.

Thank you. It is low sudsing HE sensitive detergent.  I may wash some items with just water.  

• Like 1