Cruising From A Non U.S Port? Know The Local Health Protocols

Cruising89143

11 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

I spoke with an individual at the Celebrity Executive Office yesterday. She called me late in the afternoon based on an email that I sent. Bottom line, they know as much as you and I which is what’s posted on their website. I’m expecting a few follow up calls this week per her comments and also comments from another Celebrity associates email but I told her that it was sad that they have failed to get information out there for European cruises. She agreed of course. What else would she say? She was extremely nice, attentive and showed concern but in the end no answers. That’s why I’m following what the countries we will be visiting will require plus I am expecting to be tested as soon as the day prior to the cruise. 

I also asked why every-other-cruise line including RCI and Silversea (all part of RCG) have extended their Covid protection and Celebrity has not? Again, no answer but I called that out in my email. I checked just about every cruise lines websites and all are offering Covid protection moving forward. Celebrity needs to get it together quick. If people like us who booked the “Cruise With Confidence” starting canceling European cruises that may get their attention. 

I am cruising from Ravenna in late May.  Please let us know what they say

I apologize for the confusion, but…just to understand this post - because there seems to be a A lot of misinterpretation going around. Just to clarify – if you received your two vaccines more than 270 days before your cruise departs, you have to have a booster in order to be considered fully vaccinated. The person that was trying to board this cruise had not received a booster or had not received a second booster? We are cruising in Europe soon and I have only had one booster!! Thank you!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

We sail next month in Europe as well, and I would also like to know the protocols, but look what just happened yesterday on an NCL cruise. Spain, Italy, who knows what country, changed protocols at the last minute and NCL wasn’t aware…..or so they claim. As much as I want to know what to expect, I’m also pretty sure that Celebrity wants to give us correct information. They can tell us something now and then things can change and people will be mad at them again. The first sailing from Europe isn’t for a few weeks yet. We will likely need a booster depending when the second vaccine was received. (from what it sounds like after yesterday’s debacle). Maybe we will need a test one day prior to boarding. We can’t make appointments yet for testing, so still have time for that. I really want to know what to expect as well, but I also want accurate information the first time.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

I apologize for the confusion, but…just to understand this post - because there seems to be a A lot of misinterpretation going around. Just to clarify – if you received your two vaccines more than 270 days before your cruise departs, you have to have a booster in order to be considered fully vaccinated. The person that was trying to board this cruise had not received a booster or had not received a second booster? We are cruising in Europe soon and I have only had one booster!! Thank you!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

The people denied boarding had not received a booster shot.  They were more than 270 days from their primary series of vaccination.  Boosters do not expire

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1