Cruising From A Non U.S Port? Know The Local Health Protocols

Cruising89143

10 minutes ago, PSU said:

This is so important. You have to be informed 

This looks to be on the OP. I have been keeping up with the requirements for several months now but the cruise lines need to be checking to see if a booster is needed prior to the cruise when uploading the vaccine card. Going to be a lot of finger pointing here. 

Wow! That’s crazy! Rules just changed yesterday? Most people were likely already there. I can’t believe that NCL didn’t know anything about this……aside from Carnival, NCL is the other cruise line I would  never sail on again. 

18 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Wow! That’s crazy! Rules just changed yesterday? Most people were likely already there. I can’t believe that NCL didn’t know anything about this……aside from Carnival, NCL is the other cruise line I would  never sail on again. 

The booster requirement depending on last date of vaccination is not new as of yesterday. That’s why I stated there will be a lot of finger pointing but bottom line, do not rely on the cruise line to know what each country you will be visiting requires as the cruise lines will not have your back. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

The booster requirement depending on last date of vaccination is not new as of yesterday. That’s why I stated there will be a lot of finger pointing but bottom line, do not rely on the cruise line to know what each country you will be visiting requires as the cruise lines will not have your back. 

The booster to enter the country isn’t new, but it hasn’t been required to sail. 

Just now, Purplsmurf said:

The booster to enter the country isn’t new, but it hasn’t been required to sail. 

Thus needing to know what each country requires. The cruise lines must follow local regulations. No different than here in the U.S from the CDC. 

My heart goes out to those poor people who were expecting to cruise from Barcelona, only to be left at the pier through no fault of their own.  Thank goodness we have never sailed with NCL and have no plans to do so.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

My heart goes out to those poor people who were expecting to cruise from Barcelona, only to be left at the pier through no fault of their own.  Thank goodness we have never sailed with NCL and have no plans to do so.

Same occurred on an MSC ship sailing from Barcelona

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2842447-denied-boarding-in-barcelona/#comment-62951035

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

Not Celebrity but it’s sad to read things like this. Seems a ship the day prior had issues too. Double check as to what is needed. 

Sorry but people need to do their homework and their own research on all of this, we own it.  CCers are great and helpful but come on, when we are spending thousands of dollars on a vacation, and one relies on a board that will give multiple answers/OPINIONS and folks then take that as the final say…just saying 

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

This looks to be on the OP. I have been keeping up with the requirements for several months now but the cruise lines need to be checking to see if a booster is needed prior to the cruise when uploading the vaccine card. Going to be a lot of finger pointing here. 

Celebrity posted requirements for TA cruises only.  They highly recommend boosters but additional testing for those not boosted.  Will this change?

1 minute ago, yogini06 said:

Celebrity posted requirements for TA cruises only.  They highly recommend boosters but additional testing for those not boosted.  Will this change?

Hopefully we will find out

@LGW59Yes, I know you are aware of my situation from the other thread but in between waiting to hear back tomorrow have identified the 4/21 Silhouette sailing as a potential alternative if the requirements for European sailings are back to normal regarding vaccines for those under 6 that are ineligible for a vaccine. The timing would almost be seamless to get us to our post cruise week in Italy also.

Edited by rM3panno

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

Hopefully we will find out

I have been watching all updates closely as we cruise from Ravenna on the Connie May 26th.  We were boosted in November, but will likely get 4th shot a couple of weeks prior to departure

8 minutes ago, rM3panno said:

@LGW59Yes, I know you are aware of my situation from the other thread but in between waiting to hear back tomorrow have identified the 4/21 Silhouette sailing as a potential alternative if the requirements for European sailings are back to normal regarding vaccines for those under 6 that are ineligible for a vaccine. The timing would almost be seamless to get us to our post cruise week in Italy also.

I honestly feel that your specific situation is different , you did everything right, based on information you provided, IMO, thus far, Celebrity has not.  Or NCL has not, apologies!

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, rM3panno said:

So happy to hear you have an alternative cruise.  Good luck tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I honestly feel that your specific situation is different , you did everything right, based on information you provided, IMO, thus far, Celebrity has not.

I know, I was referring in this thread to the fact that X hasn’t released protocols for all EU departures yet. The first TA is next week on the Silhouette and that’s why I mentioned them still not having published the requirements for that sailing. If it is similar to US round trip departures and my 3 year can sail we may have a solution. Not perfect but better than nothing. It is shocking that less than 2 weeks away they still don’t know the requirements

Just now, rM3panno said:

Don’t know yet, RCL and X still haven’t published protocols 🤦‍♂️

I should have said a potential alternate cruise.  Hope all works out for you and your family.

• Like 1

I will say I also feel for the OP in the NCL forum. These companies have made it extremely confusing and I can say that with firsthand knowledge as I have been all over 5 major competitors website since Friday. While some have centralized vaccine and testing sections they all have nuanced variations to how/where to find it. Even others in my booked TA can’t seem to comprehend the e-mail X sent out specifically in regards to our sailing. Some have it in FAQ, some have it in a Covid policy section, and others still are even more piecemeal.

14 minutes ago, rM3panno said:

I know, I was referring in this thread to the fact that X hasn’t released protocols for all EU departures yet. The first TA is next week on the Silhouette and that’s why I mentioned them still not having published the requirements for that sailing. If it is similar to US round trip departures and my 3 year can sail we may have a solution. Not perfect but better than nothing. It is shocking that less than 2 weeks away they still don’t know the requirements

I'm on the Silhouette TA next week and they did publish protocols for TA crossings but not the European sailing after the crossing.   There has been a real let down that Celebrity has really been unclear until now to have a once sentence statement saying all on the cruise will need a Bermuda Travel Authorization prior to boarding at a cost of $40 pp.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm on the Silhouette TA next week and they did publish protocols for TA crossings but not the European sailing after the crossing.   There has been a real let down that Celebrity has really been unclear until now to have a once sentence statement saying all on the cruise will need a Bermuda Travel Authorization prior to boarding at a cost of $40 pp.

Yep for sure!  I realize that cruises to Europe from US et al are just resuming.  But if Celebrity or ANY other cruise lines are selling these cruises, taking folks hard earned $$$, they all owe their customers far better, no matter the age of the customer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements

Yes, they are failing imo right now. If it isn’t too much to ask while you are on vacation would you mind posting the UK sailing requirement if you receive it by e-mail before it is published to the website? 

30 minutes ago, rM3panno said:

Don’t know yet, RCL and X still haven’t published protocols 🤦‍♂️

I spoke with an individual at the Celebrity Executive Office yesterday. She called me late in the afternoon based on an email that I sent. Bottom line, they know as much as you and I which is what’s posted on their website. I’m expecting a few follow up calls this week per her comments and also comments from another Celebrity associates email but I told her that it was sad that they have failed to get information out there for European cruises. She agreed of course. What else would she say? She was extremely nice, attentive and showed concern but in the end no answers. That’s why I’m following what the countries we will be visiting will require plus I am expecting to be tested as soon as the day prior to the cruise. 

I also asked why every-other-cruise line including RCI and Silversea (all part of RCG) have extended their Covid protection and Celebrity has not? Again, no answer but I called that out in my email. I checked just about every cruise lines websites and all are offering Covid protection moving forward. Celebrity needs to get it together quick. If people like us who booked the “Cruise With Confidence” starting canceling European cruises that may get their attention. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisingator2 said:

I spoke with an individual at the Celebrity Executive Office yesterday. She called me late in the afternoon based on an email that I sent. Bottom line, they know as much as you and I which is what’s posted on their website. I’m expecting a few follow up calls this week per her comments and also comments from another Celebrity associates email comments but I told her that it was sad that they have failed to get information out there for European cruises. She agreed of course. What else would she say? She was extremely nice, attentive and showed concern but in the end no answers. That’s why I’m following with what the countries we will be visiting will require plus I am expecting to be tested as soon as the day prior to the cruise. 

I also asked why every-other-cruise line including RCI and Silversea (all part of RCG) have extended their Covid protection and Celebrity has not. Again, no answer but I called that out in my email. I checked just about every cruise lines websites and all are offering Covid protection moving forward. Celebrity needs to get it together a quick. If people like us who booked the “Cruise With Confidence” starting canceling European cruises that may get their attention. 

This x1,000,000

As a passenger if I am capable of looking up the individual requirements

multiple times for each port of call and location of disembarkation X should be able to have a policy written to address it asap. 

• Like 1