Totally Upset Right Now

18 hours ago, jean87510 said:

lol, not to bring topic off target too much but I got a gift card from a family member for Publix.  I live in NJ...😁  I actually did use it just recently when I was in Florida.

That’s funny…

• Haha 1

On 4/4/2022 at 8:21 AM, twangster said:

Lesson learned.  It's well known around here that Royal gift certificates can only be used for the cruise fare but from time to time we see exactly this sort of post when someone learns this lesson the hard way.  

It's the primary reason many people do not recommend RCI gift certificates.  

Now you know.  

I used one a couple of years ago for OBC.  I just went through the online redemption.  I got a notification that it was redeemed but it was not showing up on my cruise planner.  I called and was told that it would not show up until I was onboard, which is exactly what happened.

I found out the hard way.  Kids gave us a gift certificate paid for one cruise in full and wanted to put the balance as the deposit on the 2nd (b2b). Couldn’t do it had to take the balance as an OBC 1st cruise and pay the deposit on the 2

On 4/4/2022 at 1:09 AM, LGW59 said:

Sure so even though you state it clearly says the terms for redemption, no matter the size of the print, it just has to be someone else’s fault.

Unnecessary!!😡

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 12:41 AM, Lane Hog said:

The forum police are out in full force here... quoting rules and regulations.... 

Lots of rude, inconsiderate "people" on here nowadays. Don't get this in the "other place"

Don't know the wording on the certerficate itself but online it says this: IMPORTANT: To use toward the payment of a cruise vacation, reservation(s) must be made at least 14 business days prior to the sail date and/or the gift certificate must be redeemed before the final payment date (at least 10 business days prior to the sail date).  This of course no longer applies but the second options does:

To use as an onboard credit, the gift certificate must be redeemed 10 business days prior to the sail date.  

• Like 2

On 4/3/2022 at 8:25 PM, Cruisegirl2004 said:

Hopefully you can redeem here.

https://www.royalcaribbeancertificates.com

Not to hijack the OP's thread but thank you for this.

Has anyone actually successfully used this?  I have one I am trying to use and it says the PIN is invalid.    I am literally copying and pasting so I am not sure how that could be the case....

11 minutes ago, tensixmom said:

Not to hijack the OP's thread but thank you for this.

Has anyone actually successfully used this?  I have one I am trying to use and it says the PIN is invalid.    I am literally copying and pasting so I am not sure how that could be the case....

On the ones I redeemed there was no "Pin" it's a certificate serial number (8 letters/numbers)

and a certificate authorization code (8 letters/numbers). I have 5 that went through and I need to call (800 722-5443) and check on an additional 3 certificates which said "invalid".

18 minutes ago, Ashland said:

On the ones I redeemed there was no "Pin" it's a certificate serial number (8 letters/numbers)

and a certificate authorization code (8 letters/numbers). I have 5 that went through and I need to call (800 722-5443) and check on an additional 3 certificates which said "invalid".

oh Wow... my card has a 17 digit number and a 4 digit pin.  After being on hold for about an hour I got someone on the phone who is asking for an authorization code... he is very confused and so am I.

I will probably not do this again.

I did notice that a different cruise line makes it SUPER EASY to redeem gift cards!!  It can be done online!