Visa points applied problem?

39august

I applied Visa points on line on 2/22/22. I have called X twice and both times they verified that the $ amount credit had been posted. But my TA has checked my remaining balance due and is being shown no Visa points applied. Whom should I contact now? 

When you say you applied points, I assume that you mean that you are using the points to reduce the cost of the cruise. I have only done this in situations where I have been after final payment. Then the Visa discount shows on my next credit card statement as a credit. If you have to go ahead and make your final payment, look for a credit to show up on the next monthly statement

On 4/4/2022 at 7:53 PM, jwlane said:

Call X. They'll have to manually log in and do it. The interface between the credit card and Celebrity does not work. 

Agree with this. We cashed in points on March 8, didn't see anything until last Wednesday. I called, waited on hold forever, but eventually got the OBC. The guy on the phone said I was eligible for another $200, did I want to cash that in now? Yes please. I'm gonna use the phone from now on. 

48 minutes ago, AZ-Floater said:

I'm gonna use the phone from now on. 

I called yesterday, agent took all my info and said someone would get back to me within 24 hours.  Sure enough, they called a bit ago and took care of it.  That said, that online redemption portal is worthless.

Yep. I had to call and it was applied by Celebrity. BTW it shows as a credit, not a payment.  I wonder if we should just call X from now on instead of using the Visa portal? Obviously, it doesn't work. 

4 hours ago, 39august said:

Yep. I had to call and it was applied by Celebrity. BTW it shows as a credit, not a payment.  I wonder if we should just call X from now on instead of using the Visa portal? Obviously, it doesn't work. 

Keep your paperwork. If you don't take the cruise you will want a paper trail to have it applied to another cruise.