Masks required now, onboard Oceania

cathylk621

On our cruise next month, I'll be continuing to follow UK government advice to wear a mask  "in crowded and enclosed spaces where you may come into contact with people you do not normally meet."  It's the least I can do to protect others as well as myself.

Hopefully, it will feel safer onboard than our recent flights to/from Spain (from the UK) where only a tiny number of us were choosing to wear masks. It was a very anxious and uncomfortable few hours each way.  And I'm so glad we decided to book this UK round trip cruise, rather than needing to fly just now.

10 minutes ago, Harters said:

Hopefully, it will feel safer onboard than our recent flights to/from Spain (from the UK) where only a tiny number of us were choosing to wear masks. It was a very anxious and uncomfortable few hours each way.  And I'm so glad we decided to book this UK round trip cruise, rather than needing to fly just now.

Have there been a lot of Covid cases traceable to flying in Europe? There haven’t been in North America.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

Have there been a lot of Covid cases traceable to flying in Europe? There haven’t been in North America.

Have not been  in N America  or  traceable??

3 hours ago, Robjame said:

Have there been a lot of Covid cases traceable to flying in Europe?

I've absolutely no idea.

FWIW, in the UK, our government is now publishing so little detailed statistical information about Covid that what they do publish is pretty much meaningless and, certainly, unhelpful for those of us who are clinically vulnerable and need to determine how safe it actually is for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harters said:

FWIW, in the UK, our government is now publishing so little detailed statistical information about Covid that what they do publish is pretty much meaningless and, certainly, unhelpful for those of us who are clinically vulnerable and need to determine how safe it actually is for us.

In the Uk, many people aren’t testing due to cost and those that are dont all bother yo report. Not sure how true figures of positive covid individuals could be known. 

1 hour ago, janecambridge said:

In the Uk, many people aren’t testing due to cost and those that are dont all bother yo report. Not sure how true figures of positive covid individuals could be known. 

No one in the US tests anymore either except when required for travel. And for the few who use the test at home kits we got for free, no one reports the results. I have 4 boxes of those tests I sent off for and have not used a single one as of yet. I haven't had the need. But if I did, and tested positive, there is no one to report it to anyways.

• Like 1

If you take a home test and it is positive you should contact your doctor or visit an Urgent Care so you can get a prescription for Paxlovid  or whatever antiviral is being used to slow the virus.  It shortens the duration and helps prevent hospitalization.  If you have symptoms and test negative at least you’ll have some peace of mind and you won’t infect others.  I sent for the test kits when they became available and intend to use them if needed.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 10:11 AM, JeffElizabeth said:

We ported in Trieste. It was a long journey to Venice to visit St. Marks and also to fly out of Venice. Tons of truck traffic and construction between the two cities. 

How did you travel? Our 10/2023 cruise that was to start in Venice has been changed to start in Trieste instead. Wife found some train trip there and back which we are considering.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

How did you travel? Our 10/2023 cruise that was to start in Venice has been changed to start in Trieste instead. Wife found some train trip there and back which we are considering.

You should know that you can fly out of Trieste..... to FRA and ZUR and  FCO      and they havetesting is you want.      Better choice than Venice

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 1:18 PM, MEFIowa said:

We took an Oceania tour to see Venice. And we also had the ship provide a bus to take us from Trieste to the Venice Airport. 

• Like 1