Can you order food from the main dining room menu for room service with no service charge?

gam888

We are considering sailing on the Enchanted Princess in May. We are fully vaccinated but still worry about the chance of getting Covid. Just one question about ordering room service. Can you order food from the main dining room menu for breakfast, or lunch or dinner and have the food delivered to your cabin for no charge? I read somewhere that if you were in quarantine, you can order food from the main dining room and brought to your room. So I am curious if we are NOT in quarantine, can we still order food from the main dining room to our room? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sorry, but you cannot.  You can order only from the room service menu.  The MDR uses a different kitchen than room service.  Special consideration  is made for the poor folks who are quarantined.

Not really but the room service menu is so much better than it used to be.  
don’t forget to look into the kids menu section … ahhhh .. chicken fingers with a Caesar salad is so ver good.  One morning I ordered a veggie burger and it was also surprisingly good.  The chicken tacos are also pretty darned good.  So many new options via the app.  
BTW, you are able to order from the Crown Grill menu, albeit for a cost.  It’s still a wonderful option.  
I swear, if I have a balcony, I find it easy to stay in my cabin, sit outside and read a book or watch movies.  I would find it pretty easy to isolate … that’s just me, though.  The ocean is my happy place.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I would find it pretty easy to isolate … that’s just me, though.  The ocean is my happy place.  

We did that on our last cruise because we had a mini suite.  It was nice to sit out and watch dolphins, eat lunch outside, have a handy bathroom, take a nap if we want, or just look out at the sea. 

We are usually out and about, doing all kinds of ship stuff, but this time(due to it being so crowded and everyone coughing) we just relaxed and it was such a different kind of a cruise.  We enjoyed that part so much, it was really like a vacation instead of a constant cattle call. Now we know we like both ways. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Level six said:

We did that on our last cruise because we had a mini suite.  It was nice to sit out and watch dolphins, eat lunch outside, have a handy bathroom, take a nap if we want, or just look out at the sea. 

We are usually out and about, doing all kinds of ship stuff, but this time(due to it being so crowded and everyone coughing) we just relaxed and it was such a different kind of a cruise.  We enjoyed that part so much, it was really like a vacation instead of a constant cattle call. Now we know we like both ways. 

I’m happy to hear that!  There are so many ways to enjoy cruise travel.  It is not for everyone, though.  I’m perfectly happy heading out and about but so enjoy my time in the cabin just enjoying watching the sea life from my balcony.  I was so excited about getting back to cruising when they first opened up again last July, I was totally willing to stay in my cabin the whole time if that was what was required.  Then, when they required masks and testing, I was fine with that, too.  And asked to isolate, I really would not even have a problem with that, either.  Just put me on the ship … it’s my happy place.  

• Like 2