How many Antigen tests are required for cruise from Canada to USA

HSBC

I am Canadian, I understand that I need to take an Antigen test  prior to embark the cruise ship in Quebec.

Then the cruise ship will go to Boston in USA, do I require to take any Antigen test prior to enter the cruise port of Boston?

The disembarkation port is New York and I'll fly back to Canada on disembarkation date.  I hope I don't need to do any Antigen test in New York.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, HSBC said:

I am Canadian, I understand that I need to take an Antigen test  prior to embark the cruise ship in Quebec.

Then the cruise ship will go to Boston in USA, do I require to take any Antigen test prior to enter the cruise port of Boston?

The disembarkation port is New York and I'll fly back to Canada on disembarkation date.  I hope I don't need to do any Antigen test in New York.

Thanks!

Land and marine arrivals to the US do not need a test. It is only required for arrivals by air.

As you know, Canada requires a pre-boarding test for cruises departing or visiting Canada. There is no test required to fly back to canada..

All of the above is for fully vaccinated travellers. Unvaccinated travellers may have different requirements.

• Like 1

Cruising with Princess to Alaska from Vancouver in June. Flying the day before from Toronto. Read that one needs an Antigen test good for one day prior to sailing. It is 2 days out of Florida. Can someone confirm or not?

thx

52 minutes ago, bookie54 said:

Cruising with Princess to Alaska from Vancouver in June. Flying the day before from Toronto. Read that one needs an Antigen test good for one day prior to sailing. It is 2 days out of Florida. Can someone confirm or not?

thx

The Princess website states that you need to have your antigen test within one day of boarding "based on current Canadian requirements". Unfortunately, this is incorrect, as the current requirement is for two days, not one.

Princess also states "We’re working closely with Canadian health authorities to manage updates as policies evolve and will advise booked guests of any changes as they occur." The change to two days was made on April 1, so it would appear that Princess is rather slow in updating its webpage. 

Until such time as Princess makes the update, I don't know whether they will choose to follow the Canadian requirement or the more restrictive requirement reflected on their website. That said, with a couple of months to go until your cruise, I'd simply monitor the website for any change.

• Like 2

Princess cruises made the change today, 11 Apr 2022.

Voyages that embark in Canada:
Based on current Canadian requirements for cruising, all guests ages five and above will require a medically observed negative viral COVID-19 test result taken before boarding:

• Within 2 days for Antigen
  • Within 72 hours for PCR

Children aged two to four (who are not yet eligible for COVID-19 vaccines) will require a medically observed negative viral PCR COVID-19 test within 3 days before boarding, plus an antigen test taken at the terminal (complimentary).

Guests who travel internationally should ensure they understand all entry and airline requirements to travel from their home country and the destinations they plan to visit, including where health authorities may require pre-travel COVID-19 testing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am Canadian and fully vaccinated (2 shots + 1 booster).

If I do my Antigen test on Monday (morning) then to embark Princess cruise in Quebec on Wednesday (noon)?   Would this qualify as 'within 2 days for Antigen'?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, HSBC said:

I am Canadian and fully vaccinated (2 shots + 1 booster).

If I do my Antigen test on Monday (morning) then to embark Princess cruise in Quebec on Wednesday (noon)?   Would this qualify as 'within 2 days for Antigen'?

Thanks!

Yes, that is within 2 days of boarding.

• Like 1