Atlas cancels cruises for next month

cruisr

Friend just called me, disappointed, as her cruise for next month was cancelled. She was told they were having a lot of cancellations and decided it was best to cancel.  Looks like first cruises are not for a couple months.

21 hours ago, cruisr said:

Friend just called me, disappointed, as her cruise for next month was cancelled. She was told they were having a lot of cancellations and decided it was best to cancel.  Looks like first cruises are not for a couple months.

I hope that your friend gets  a cash refund as Atlas is known for just issuing FCC even when Atlas cancels the cruise. I called them to confirm this awful policy and that's one of the many reasons why we won't book with them again.

The law is if the cruise line cancels, the customer is entitled to a full refund. Contact tour credit card, as this is considered failure to render services, so you are entitled to have your card credited.

As for the friend mentioned in the first post, did she cancel? And if Atlas is not running any cruises for a couple of months, then why are cruises being offered that have supposedly been cancelled?

Something does not seem right.

38 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

The law is if the cruise line cancels, the customer is entitled to a full refund. Contact tour credit card, as this is considered failure to render services, so you are entitled to have your card credited.

As for the friend mentioned in the first post, did she cancel? And if Atlas is not running any cruises for a couple of months, then why are cruises being offered that have supposedly been cancelled?

Something does not seem right.

niguy_south:

Read Atlas's Terms and call Atlas  yourself if you don't believe this. Yes, a CC will give you a refund if you don't use the FCC by the time it expires but not before then. Atlas gets to keep your money interest free for a year. And if they Confirmed this with our Chase Sapphire card. 

And if  they flirt with bankruptcy, you'll be "Crystalized".

Edited by keokukjoe

With Crystal, I had paid with my credit card -- not using FCC. When they first cancelled all cruises through May 2022 (before the later bankruptcy), I immediately contacted my credit card (also Chase) and stated what happened, and that I wanted a refund.  Since the cruise was cancelled by Crystal, I was immediately issued a credit for the full payment on my Chase card. Later, I received a letter stating that the credit would stand. I was not "Crystalized," as I had not allowed Crystal to keep my cruise fares when they were cancelling during COVID and give me FCC.  Those that took such a route, hoping for the additional 10% from Crystal, got seriously "Crystalized."

The original post in this thread stated that the friend was informed her cruise was cancelled.

Doing further research, it seems that Atlas Ocean Cruises are changing their itineraries that would have included the Baltics to now be more Norway intensive. They are not cancelled, but changed itineraries. Additionally, I called today, and they are still taking bookings for their sailings in April and May, so those dates were not cancelled.

18 hours ago, njguy_south said:

Doing further research, it seems that Atlas Ocean Cruises are changing their itineraries that would have included the Baltics to now be more Norway intensive. They are not cancelled, but changed itineraries. Additionally, I called today, and they are still taking bookings for their sailings in April and May, so those dates were not cancelled.

One of the Atlas lecturers who was supposed to be on the April and May sailings confirmed that these sailings are cancelled. He posted this info on a social media site (Facebook). It wouldn't surprise me that Atlas is still taking bookings for these trips. Very disturbing.

I still smell financial trouble.  Most folks including myself, wonder how they offer what they offer for a brand new line in these hard times.  Wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft pole as my dad used to say until they build a better foundation.

3 hours ago, keokukjoe said:

Atlas cancelled and removed all April, May and early June voyages from their website. First available voyage is June 17. I wonder how they can survive and if any other sailings will soon be cancelled. 

Yes, I saw that today, as well.  However, I also saw additional sailings on their newer ship, World Traveller, for the Fall 2022, which were not posted before. 

Although a new start-up, that would be true of all cruise lines when they started. I have heard that travel agents are very busy booking cruises for other lines, and with the loss of Crystal (bad management, not for a lack of sailors), there is a need for a vessel that is not a Megalopolis of the Seas.