Apple Products Onboard

floralscent

We have sailed Celebrity many times but have never checked out their Apple products. Where are they for sale and I am wondering if they are priced just as you would see online at home. Is the inventory very small on ships?

Thank you

The selection is fairly limited, and varies by ship.  After the shutdown, some stock may be outdated, so do your research and determine what you want before the cruise.  The prices are the same as in the US, and since Celebrity is an authorized reseller, you have full warranty protection.  You don' t pay sales tax, but should declare the purchase when you're clearing customs at the end of the cruise, and pay duty on the amount above your exemption (You would probably be the first one to ever do this 🙂 ).

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

1 hour ago, floralscent said:

We have sailed Celebrity many times but have never checked out their Apple products. Where are they for sale and I am wondering if they are priced just as you would see online at home. Is the inventory very small on ships?

Thank you

They are priced the same as at home unless you can get an educator's discount at home.  The version available on the ship may not be the same as available at an Apple Store.  But how important is it to get the latest version?  Especially if you have OBC to use.  Tough call.

• Like 1

I have done only superficial browsing while in the iLounge for other reasons, but my impression is that the inventory is almost up to date. I.e., not old old items, but previous generation. So, MacBook Pro 2020 once the late 2021 models came out. Prices are identical to Apple stores in the mall or online in the US.

The iLounge is where Apple classes are taught, help is provided on using the ship wifi, you can use their desktops (with your account) for email etc. And Apple products are sold as well as third party dongles, etc.

Stan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

The iLounge is where Apple classes are taught, help is provided on using the ship wifi, you can use their desktops (with your account) for email etc. And Apple products are sold as well as third party dongles, etc.

Unfortunately, the iLounge is now smaller on the refurbished Silhouette.

Previously, we have bought 2x iPads due to:

1) No VAT which is 20% in UK

2) A favourable exchange rate.

In 2015 I was able to buy a128gb  iPad Mini for just under the UK customs allowance of £390.

• Like 1

When we where on Edge in 2019 on the first day, the Sales assistant told us, that on one of the coming days, they will run a promotion with lower prices on Apple products.

And they did. They where around 10% off.

Not sure if that happens on all ships and itineraries but it can‘t hurt to ask.

Edited by Yoshikitty