Transportation from Heathrow To cruise port

suenavy

Good evening, I have been on several Oceania  Cruises. My husband and I will be cruising on the vista next August London to London.  I was wondering what's the best way to travel to the cruise ship port .Not taking the transfers  I probably will stay In a hotel near the cruise ship the night before. I realize this is still over a year away II asked the question on the vista row call but no one responded. Thank you

Best is subjective

You could take the National bus to Southampton  or a private car service

Depends on how jet lagged you might be

I would pay the extra for a car service & you can rest on the trip down  usually 1.5 -2hrs  depending on traffic

JMO

When we flew into Heathrow in August 2018, we booked a car service to take us to a B and B in Southampton. There are many options for a ride, just Google Airport transfers to Southampton and they will pop up. Not sure what the current price would be since that was 4 years ago. We paid  about $160 for a private car service for the 1 1/2 hour or so ride.  
Good luck.

Mauibabes

2 hours ago, suenavy said:

Thank you.

We always use Silver Fleet (https://www.silver-fleet.com). Check them out on Trip Advisor - trustworthy first class outfit.https://www.silver-fleet.com

Somewhat creatures of habit, we favor flying into Heathrow and spending a few days in London (I recommend the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel) before having Silver Fleet get us to the ship In Southampton on the morning of embarkation.  

If its just for the night before the cruise, get yourself down to Southampton straight away and then you can get some sleep and still have a little look around Southampton/Stonehenge (but I would suggest Avebury instead of Stonehenge but for some reason most prefer Stonehenge) before the cruise. We actually used booking.com to book our transfers from one terminal to the other at Heathrow recently and it was very good. 

For a hotel The Harbour Hotel Southampton is a good bet. 

We enjoyed the Mercure Dolphin  it was just off the High st  close to shops restaurants etc..

We stayed in the houses out back of the hotel very nice  & quiet

Took their breakfast deal  it was worth not having to go look for a restaurant for breakfast