Royal Caribbean Pre-Cruise Antigen Testing Kit - out of stock

I'm in the same ship, lol.  My cruise is in 2 weeks and they are sold out.  I just need 1 so I don't want to buy the 6 pack.  Ugh 

I just bought the 2 pack and the expedite shipping which says 2-4 days, but once I place the order it tells me that orders are taking longer than usual.  Double ugh

Edited by dad son team

On Monday, I got an email from Medicare stating that you can receive up to 8 over the counter Covid-19 tests per month for free. On Tuesday, my husband and I went to Walgreens pharmacy. We each were given a BinaxNow box (2 tests per box).  
if you google Medicare  Covid tests , the link will tell you what pharmacies are participating. 

9 minutes ago, Pattyhoo said:

On Monday, I got an email from Medicare stating that you can receive up to 8 over the counter Covid-19 tests per month for free. On Tuesday, my husband and I went to Walgreens pharmacy. We each were given a BinaxNow box (2 tests per box).  
if you google Medicare  Covid tests , the link will tell you what pharmacies are participating. 

Those tests are Not proctored and not acceptable for cruising.    Someone said that test kits from ihealth have an option where you can pay $25 to do proctored but I have not checked on that as my free kits are not ihealth brand.    

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

The Royal link showed sold out but in the actual Optum Store they had them in stock. But I have to pay shipping. Fine

Seems like the days of free testing at cvs and walgreens and free shipping from optum is dwindling down since federal funds are drying up.    Hopefully cruise lines can change their testing requirements in near future. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, Pattyhoo said:

Sadly they cannot be used for cruising or flying back into the US

• Like 2

When would you order these online tests?  Our cruise is in early June, and we don’t want to stress about shipping. 

OTOH, we don’t want to shell out $160 on tests, only to have the testing requirements eliminated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LadyBeBop said:

When would you order these online tests?  Our cruise is in early June, and we don’t want to stress about shipping. 

OTOH, we don’t want to shell out $160 on tests, only to have the testing requirements eliminated. 

Yep. Same situation here. Late May cruise and the local Walgreens and CVS we have used for past cruises are no longer doing testing. Going to hold off until the last minute to see if there are any changes. I think there are a LOT of folks on this forum in the same situation. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

The Royal link showed sold out but in the actual Optum Store they had them in stock. But I have to pay shipping. Fine

We ordered a 3 pack for $99.  Shipping is free if the order is more than $75.  We wanted an extra test in case something went wrong with one of them.

• Like 2

RCI needs to knock off the testing requirement.  I know so many people who have tested positive that have absolutely no symptoms that were required to quarantine and for what?  Our cruise is 59 days away, after 6 cancellations. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

RCI needs to knock off the testing requirement.  I know so many people who have tested positive that have absolutely no symptoms that were required to quarantine and for what?  Our cruise is 59 days away, after 6 cancellations. 

I agree.  You can test negative 2 days before the cruise and become infected during those 2 days enroute to the cruise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Diver2014 said:

Yet, they could pass illness onto others. It's a good idea to minimize the number of contagious people. Ideally they would test everyone at the port, but I cannot imagine being at the port and discovering I couldn't cruise. I'd rather do it when I was still home

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

Yet, they could pass illness onto others. It's a good idea to minimize the number of contagious people. Ideally they would test everyone at the port, but I cannot imagine being at the port and discovering I couldn't cruise. I'd rather do it when I was still home

You'd have to test for the flu, RSV, HMPV and many other contagions that people could bring onto the ship, too.

• Like 6

I just made an appt with my local Walgreens last week. My test yesterday took only a couple minutes in the drive thru and I had results in my email in less than an hour. No charge.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2022 at 11:35 PM, volk904 said:

Did they say how long they would be out?

What are out of stock are the kits with the RCL insert, the actual Abbott kits are still in stock at https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-emed-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/    For the two pack, and

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-emed-at-home-test-kit-3-pack/    For the three pack

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

They could also require everyone to be bubble-wrapped in order to board. There comes a point where paranoia and cruising have to part company.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

They could also require everyone to be bubble-wrapped in order to board. There comes a point where paranoia and cruising have to part company.

I can always tell who believes in science and who doesn't. We are just going to have to agree to disagree, and Royal Caribbean gets the right to say what goes for their company.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

I can always tell who believes in science and who doesn't.

Apparently not, unless you are a science denier, because the science is very clear.

Edited by orville99