Expiration dates on Binax Now

cangelmd

Early in the cruising restart, there was an issue with the expiration dates on Covid kits. Warehoused kits were being cleared out and some had short expiration dates.

Anyone who has recently gotten a kit, is the expiration date at least 6 months from the date of purchase? We are about to use our one observed kit, and are debating replacing right away vs waiting until closer to our October cruise

I have a couple of expired Abbot Covid kits. Last Thursday (4/7) I had a conversation with Abbot. Depending on the lot number... "some" of the kit expiration dates have been extended 3-6 months. There are docs on the internet listing the various lot numbers. (Just google it). They of course told me not to use an expired kit. 

They also told me the kits they are currently shipping out expire in October. 

Ordered two kits on Thursday. They will arrive tomorrow (Monday). 

The emed kits were BinaxNow? We cruise in May and will likely use what we have for that cruise. Our next cruise is at the end of October and I’m concerned about the person who said kits shipping now expired in October. Maybe we won’t even need them in October, but I doubt it

The tests expiration date has been extended 6 months. I called the OPTUm store.  My Nov2021 expired tests are good until May 10, 2022.  I ordered new ones just in case. Now testing sites are reprogramming their appointment sign ups as insurance will no longer cover travel.  We need to test on 4/22.  The morning the booking window opened I spent the night trying to book at CVS, From midnight on - appointments not available at any CVS in San Diego for that date. As I had used CVS for two previous tests I was incredulous!   I finally talked to the CVS health concierge today who informed me that the system is changing- no sign-ups available for 4/22 yet.   In the future the rapid- antigen tests will cost $150.person.  Glad I have home tests.  I ordered 3 more over the weekend- expedited shipping.   Now I hear there is an uptick in cases on the Equinox!!!! Masks are required!  Yikes!