Caribbean Princess in Drydock

pmallen

3 hours ago, Bgwest said:

To summarize, if I may. It's all about personal responsibility.  Sounds a lot like a popular political philosophy. 

That's why I applaud masks with exhalation valves.

I don't want to inadvertantly protect someone who would prefer I not do so.

The ultimate personal responsibility.

I am all about courtesy.

RespWithExhalationValve.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Good luck getting any info out of the yard.

The only word from the yard has been that none of their workers have been in contact with Princess workers all there work so far has been on the ship itself 

25 minutes ago, memoak said:

The only word from the yard has been that none of their workers have been in contact with Princess workers all there work so far has been on the ship itself 

22 minutes ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

not doubting-   but how is this possible.   ?

I'm wondering about this myself, since the drydocking is a statutory one, which includes tear down and inspection of things like the azipod mechanisms inside the ship, opening, cleaning and inspecting sea valves, and many other tasks that the shipyard workers, and not sub-contractors, would undertake, and which would be under the supervision of ship's officers.  Perhaps they mean they have not contacted any sub-contractors, since they would need to be in nearly hourly contact with the ship's deck and engineering officers, as well as Princess shoreside technical staff.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

I think that just (again) shows how unimportant knowing the secret code is.

Other than writing to an onboard officer's official email, I have never seen the slightest use for the secret code.

Accuracy matters. 

Other than writing to an onboard officer's official email, I have never seen the slightest use for the secret code.

Accuracy matters. 

Accuracy matters. 

Accuracy matters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

I'm wondering about this myself, since the drydocking is a statutory one, which includes tear down and inspection of things like the azipod mechanisms inside the ship, opening, cleaning and inspecting sea valves, and many other tasks that the shipyard workers, and not sub-contractors, would undertake, and which would be under the supervision of ship's officers.  Perhaps they mean they have not contacted any sub-contractors, since they would need to be in nearly hourly contact with the ship's deck and engineering officers, as well as Princess shoreside technical staff.

The shipyard itself does the dry dock. If there is work inside like changing carpets etc that would be a different company I have been told

2 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

That's why I applaud masks with exhalation valves.

I don't want to inadvertantly protect someone who would prefer I not do so.

The ultimate personal responsibility.

I am all about courtesy.

RespWithExhalationValve.jpg

You are definitely all about something. 

Edited by Bgwest

41 minutes ago, memoak said:

The shipyard itself does the dry dock. If there is work inside like changing carpets etc that would be a different company I have been told

And, as I've stated, there are many, many jobs that do not include changing carpets, that the shipyard will need to be inside the ship for.  I can think of azipods, thrusters, fin stabilizers, sea chests and seawater piping inspections and repair, sea valve removal and inspection, boiler cleaning and inspection, any pipe repairs throughout the ship, any structural work throughout the ship, any replacement of hull framing, tank cleaning, the list goes on and on.  Yes, nearly all work in the hotel part of the ship is done by outside contractors, but to think that the shipyard only does work below the waterline on the outside of the ship is false.

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Accuracy matters. 

Not in this case.

In my opinion, the purpose of these forums it to convey thoughts and information to others.

If only a small percentage of the readers know the secret code, writing CB leaves the rest of the folks out of the conversation.

As far as I can tell, there are folks who watch for CP/CB misuse, just so they can jump on it, and look self important.

I think these are the same people who use to watch for upper case posting, so they could jump on that.

At the title of the thread is 'Carribbean Princess in Drydock', I think most people would understand 'CP' in context.

Edited by Roberto256