Updated Vaccation Policy

Edith1950

Is it P&O's policy that from the 1 May 2022 to allow unvaccinated passengers on board departing from Southampton. Reading the current policy which ends 30 April 2022 underneath was line stating:

All other P&O Cruises sailings on sale do not currently require guests to be vaccinated.

51 minutes ago, Edith1950 said:

I've no idea but obviously concerned as infection rates are still high. I was only checking the website as my cruise is only 7 weeks away and wanted to make sure that I had everything that was required.

Where did you find it?  I can't find that anywhere.

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Where did you find it?  I can't find that anywhere.

found it.  "

Our vaccination and testing policy is reviewed on a regular basis as the global situation continues to evolve. The vaccination policy may be changed or enhanced for specific cruises at any time. In this instance, impacted guests will be contacted directly. At the time of travel, some ports may stipulate specific vaccine or testing policies for guests going ashore that differ from this policy.­­

All other P&O Cruises sailings on sale do not currently require guests to be vaccinated.

Reading my four emails(!) Including for a December 2023 booking it appears free testing has gone and the passenger now organises their test.

"All guests aged five years and over will also need to organise and pay for a private antigen test, showing a negative result, within two days prior to embarkation (NHS tests will not be accepted). You can order your antigen test kit online through our testing partner Prenetics or through any other government approved testing provider."

• Thanks 1

I received an email today about my cruise at the end of October this year making it entirely clear that full vaccination is required for all cruises on sale. No mention of testing but proof of full vaccination will be needed, otherwise you will be turned away.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

I just received this in email this morning for our Oct '22 Cruise out of Southampton to Portugal:

"For this sailing, all guests aged 12 years and over need to be fully vaccinated with a recognised COVID-19 vaccine a minimum of 14 days prior to travel. If more than 270 days (calculated from the last day of the cruise) have passed since the full completion of a vaccination course, a booster vaccine will also be needed and must be administered a minimum of seven days prior to travel.

Children under 12 years are exempt from pre-travel vaccination.

The definition of ‘fully vaccinated’ is having completed a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination course or single-dose Janssen COVID-19 vaccine (plus a booster if applicable) approved by the MHRA, EMA or WHO. Regardless of the date, if you have already had a booster vaccination then you are eligible to travel."

Given kids in the UK cannot get the booster shots does this mean we should cancel?

Edited by pmd98052

I've just received a email regarding my cruise in November with a Important Update that they have extended their vaccination policy to include all holidays on sale. For many reasons I am pleased about that but no email regarding the June one. June one was booked in November 2020 and the November one in May 2021. I think I'm going to have to rereard my emails regarding testing but thank you Megabear for pointing it out. Also hope you are fully recovered now.

• Like 1

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail#at-the-terminal

Pre-cruise checklist

Admin

• Check your details are up to date in My P&O Cruises

• Link your booking with your travelling group (if relevant)

• Arrange evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status

From 29 April, organise and pay for a COVID-19 antigen test for all guests aged five years and above

• Organise appropriate travel insurance and have proof of your policy

• Pre-book on-board activities in My P&O Cruises

• Complete the Health Declaration in My P&O Cruises between one and three days before your holiday

• During your holiday, destinations on your itinerary may have specific documentation, testing or shore experience requirements. For more information please check here.

Checklist

• Passport
  • Boarding pass or travel documents
  • Evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status
  • Evidence of valid travel insurance
  • Health Declaration confirmation email
  • From 29 April, negative antigen test

certificate for all guests aged five

years and above

Testing at the terminal is stopping also from 29th April 2022.  You must arrange your own private antigen tests before sailing.  Extract from updated P&O web page.

Testing requirements from 29 April 2022 onwards:

Guests aged five to 11 years need to be fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to travel or take a complimentary antigen test, showing a negative result, at the terminal.

All guests aged five years and over will also need to organise and pay for a private antigen test, showing a negative result, within two days prior to embarkation (NHS tests will not be accepted). You can order your antigen test kit online through our testing partner Prenetics or through any other government approved testing provider.

We’ll need you to show proof of your vaccination status and valid negative antigen test certificate at the ship’s terminal. Guests that are unable to do so will unfortunately be denied boarding.

Testing policy as clear as mud...

there are two type of private test offered by Prenetics both offering 'proof'..

self administered or observed...

which do P&O want?

why isn't there a link provided? 

no rush my cruise doesn't go until 7th May....

29 minutes ago, Edith1950 said:

I've just received a email regarding my cruise in November with a Important Update that they have extended their vaccination policy to include all holidays on sale. For many reasons I am pleased about that but no email regarding the June one. June one was booked in November 2020 and the November one in May 2021. I think I'm going to have to rereard my emails regarding testing but thank you Megabear for pointing it out. Also hope you are fully recovered now.

Yes just received 2 emails for both cruises in 2023!  Having just said above that it says after April 30th, any further cruises will not need vaccinations.  I feel sorry for anyone who has booked for May thinking they don't need to be vaccinated.

10 minutes ago, niltava42 said:

Testing policy as clear as mud...

there are two type of private test offered by Prenetics both offering 'proof'..

self administered or observed...

which do P&O want?

why isn't there a link provided? 

no rush my cruise doesn't go until 7th May....

I think that P&O are having a laugh!. Prenetics charge at least £59 per test. Why isn't the NHS test acceptable. We have  a certificate from them saying we are negative. Is that not good enough? With Prenetics you have to either send the test back to them or drop it in at one of their stations...or you can use a private courier. We travel on a Saturday. Two days before is a Thursday when we should take our test. That means posting off on a Thursday  and  they will receive it on the Friday.  We travel down from Leeds either on the Friday or very early on the Sat.  How do we get the results back to show the cruise people?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Yorkypete said:

I think that P&O are having a laugh!. Prenetics charge at least £59 per test. Why isn't the NHS test acceptable. We have  a certificate from them saying we are negative. Is that not good enough? With Prenetics you have to either send the test back to them or drop it in at one of their stations...or you can use a private courier. We travel on a Saturday. Two days before is a Thursday when we should take our test. That means posting off on a Thursday  and  they will receive it on the Friday.  We travel down from Leeds either on the Friday or very early on the Sat.  How do we get the results back to show the cruise people?

Use people like Boots chemist

You now have to have had a booster a maximum of 270 days before you cruise according to the latest email.

The current vaccination policy in the UK means that the majority of people will not have had boosters, certainly not before our next cruise in May 2023.

Unless P&O know something we don’t and further boosters are going to be offered to the under 75’s?

• Like 2

My email states we've now got to organise the LFT within the 24 hours prior to embarking in Malta. This is for the end of May. I'd only last week organised them for 72 hours prior as per the previous rules. Should have known better not to jump the gun.