Coco Beach Club Day Pass

RCCL newly. I am only able to secure one beach club full day pass at coco cay.  I reserved it on hopes that another pass will come available before we sail or once onboard.  We are in a suite and I think we could be placed on a priority wait list.  Does anyone have experience with this, does this seem reasonable/even possible, or should I cancel 48 hours before sailing?  How do I get on a waitlist?  Concierge?  Shore excursion desk?  We are in an owner’s suite, not Star Class - it was not available when we booked. 
New to RCCL, but not new to cruises - Elite+ on Celebrity, so Diamond reciprocity on RCCL - that probably doesn’t make a difference for shore excursions. 

If it's THAT important to you to be able to do the Beach Club, I would hold onto it and check with Shore Excursions as soon as you board.  

You can cancel it on board the first day if you really can't get a second admission.

7 minutes ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

Thank you, that sounds like a good plan.  I'm not sure how important it really is, it just gets good reviews, and it sounds fun.  I have not been to the island, maybe it is over-rated.  

If you haven't been to Coco Cay, why not just check out the whole area and see what you like?  There are so many different areas of the island, you could try all of them and then have an idea for next time if you want to try the beach club or not.  

There are three different Chill Island Beaches, Breezy Bay Beach, South Beach, and Harbor Beach, plus the Oasis Lagoon Pool, all with free loungers and umbrellas and food.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

Thank you, that sounds like a good plan.  I'm not sure how important it really is, it just gets good reviews, and it sounds fun.  I have not been to the island, maybe it is over-rated.  

Yes, it is a nice area but what you get is not worth the money, IMO.   There are so many other beautiful free areas on the island.     I have been there when it was $46.99/day and would never pay more than $60 / day.      

You do want to make sure you get there as early as possible as the good loungers go quick especially if 2 ships are docked that day. 

For now, maybe call the crown and anchor desk and ask about waitlisting.

On 4/12/2022 at 12:20 PM, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

RCCL newly. I am only able to secure one beach club full day pass at coco cay.  I reserved it on hopes that another pass will come available before we sail or once onboard.  We are in a suite and I think we could be placed on a priority wait list.  Does anyone have experience with this, does this seem reasonable/even possible, or should I cancel 48 hours before sailing?  How do I get on a waitlist?  Concierge?  Shore excursion desk?  We are in an owner’s suite, not Star Class - it was not available when we booked. 
New to RCCL, but not new to cruises - Elite+ on Celebrity, so Diamond reciprocity on RCCL - that probably doesn’t make a difference for shore excursions. 

On 4/12/2022 at 3:49 PM, brillohead said:

If you haven't been to Coco Cay, why not just check out the whole area and see what you like?  There are so many different areas of the island, you could try all of them and then have an idea for next time if you want to try the beach club or not.  

There are three different Chill Island Beaches, Breezy Bay Beach, South Beach, and Harbor Beach, plus the Oasis Lagoon Pool, all with free loungers and umbrellas and food.  

11 minutes ago, Rose20 said:

Which of the above three have the most shade?

We had more shade on (free) Chill beach than we had at the Coco Beach Club.  On Chill Beach, all the sets   of chairs (2 or 4) had an umbrella.   No umbrella at our chairs at Coco Beach club, just the little  shade from a tree.  

Lunch was nice ( but  slow), the chairs/towels are nice and I loved that Coco Cuvee .  I will likely never pay to be there again.

OP - I hope you get your pass and enjoy the facilities.  

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Rose20 said:

Which of the above three have the most shade?

There are umbrellas at all three of the Chill Island Beaches, as well as at Breezy Bay Beach, and at Harbor Beach, and at South Beach, and at the Oasis Pool.  

Basically you'll find one umbrella for every four loungers, with the umbrella offering shade for two loungers at a time depending on the angle of the sun.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

I appreciate all of the help!  We are likely to just return the pass before final payment and try out the beaches as suggested. That is probably more our style to want to wander and check things out anyway. 

FYI, the timing of Final Payment has nothing to do with anything.  You can cancel Cruise Planner purchases up to 72 hours before sailing for a refund to your original form of payment.  If you cancel them once you board, you'll get OBC.

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2022 at 4:58 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, it is a nice area but what you get is not worth the money, IMO.   There are so many other beautiful free areas on the island.     I have been there when it was $46.99/day and would never pay more than $60 / day.      

You do want to make sure you get there as early as possible as the good loungers go quick especially if 2 ships are docked that day. 

For now, maybe call the crown and anchor desk and ask about waitlisting.

Wow! Right now is about $200 p/p on June (tax incl).

It's crazy!

We did the Beach Club on thew Symphony last week.  Thought it would be a good option for my husband as he's in a w/c.  It was not worth it in my opinion.  

Very good lunch, but I was disappointed there weren't more lounge chairs, couches available.  Everything gone by the time we got transportation there.  I waded in the ocean and went in the pool a bit.  We ate

lunch and then left.  Totally not worth it for us.  Was an overall disappointment for us and would not do it

again.  My husband can't tolerate the sun very long and so went back to the ship for him.  I would have loved to explore more.  Lots of walking which I can do, but not what he can do.  So save your money if your mobile and just do the free stuff. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, sdrocks said:

I was disappointed there weren't more lounge chairs, couches available.  Everything gone by the time we got transportation there.  I waded in the ocean and went in the pool a bit.

I've only been with a single ship, at 40% capacity.  I cannot imagine being there with two full ships in port.