the 30 day rule

jonthomas

10 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Clearly says "or within 30 days of returning home"

even if 4 years old, would not have been suggested to me on the Riviera on March 28, we returned home on april 4. 

but yeah ok....

Based on my customer service experience with O (both first level and executive) I'd prepare for disappointment.

I really hope @jonthomas that YMMV.

22 hours ago, jonthomas said:

We were told on the ship that we have up to 30 after sailing to book another cruise and get the perks

of reduced deposit, a discount off price and 100 OBC.

Where can I find this in writing?

Yes, this is what I was told when I booked a future cruise while on board Riviera on my 12/13-23/21 W. Caribbean cruise and what I experienced when I actually booked a follow up cruise within the 30 day period afterwards. When I called in January I was asked about the prior sailing and whether I was within the 30-day window.

"Oceania offers future cruise booking savings and incentives for guests that book their next voyage on board, or within 30 days of returning home."

Yes I was told that as well.

Now I am waiting for O to find their own rules. Ridiculous. Seems things have changed since Norwegian took over. I have never had this kind of Customer Service service. 

So the cruise I am booking using their rule of within 30 day of sailing is on hold, pending an investigation. Obviously Cust serv does not know the O rules.

3 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Yes I was told that as well.

Now I am waiting for O to find their own rules. Ridiculous. Seems things have changed since Norwegian took over. I have never had this kind of Customer Service service. 

So the cruise I am booking using their rule of within 30 day of sailing is on hold, pending an investigation. Obviously Cust serv does not know the O rules.

I will have the official word for you tomorrow..just got off the phone with the SVP...

Jancruz1

Thank you Jan. I was supposed to have the official word today, but they must still be sifting through their rules. 

Seems like customer service knows nothing about the policies that the sales reps on ships are dealing with. 

I used to have these ridiculous issues with Celebrity. Workforce totally incompetent. I am surprised that this incompetence is contagious. Very disappointing to find that O has succumbed to the same mediocrity

Stay tuned...... 

5 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Thank you Jan. I was supposed to have the official word today, but they must still be sifting through their rules. 

Seems like customer service knows nothing about the policies that the sales reps on ships are dealing with. 

I used to have these ridiculous issues with Celebrity. Workforce totally incompetent. I am surprised that this incompetence is contagious. Very disappointing to find that O has succumbed to the same mediocrity

Stay tuned...... 

You obviously have zero experience in the current “ Resignation Society “ and its subsequently high turnover of employees. When did you last try to hire customer service reps?

You are obsessed with DIY and insist upon not utilizing a professional TA. With Oceania there are literally hundreds of threads suggesting the use of one is highly recommended. Oceania is a great cruise line for many of us but probably not the best for those demanding Control and DIY. Literally hundreds of posters have said that Oceania’s 1-800- Dial a Clerk is a poor option for anything . 

From most of we experienced Oceania cruisers here are your options: 1. Find an Oceania experienced TA, or ; 2. Find ( good luck) a cruise line in today’s environment with a 1-800 support staff that meets your control needs. 

I, along with many here, don’t have your problems because I have a TA and know how to use them.

• Like 3

The OP has stated that his TA wouldn’t be able to track this down (or something similar), and he’s considering whether to get a new/better TA. He’s not against using a TA, he just needs to find a better one….….

…..hope I got that right……

Woe, enough criticism here to choke a horse. Disappointing that there are 3 others supporting this diatribe. 

Anyway for those that are more reasonable here, Management is still pouring over their rules. My O cruise professional that I have dealt with for years is asking for my patience with this matter, he is certain it will be resolved soon. 

Even Jancruz has not yet gotten "the official word" back from the SVP, but I am grateful for her effort.

Not sure pintlover, orv, lht or basor, could get the answer any faster with their stellar TA's. I also sense a touch of elitism here. I asked for help when posting the topic, not to be criticized and maligned. If you cant help, stay out of it. But alas that is the nature of CC often.

At least, the above are not saying that I have made up the enhancement. Even though they are discrediting all my efforts.

Thank you for the supportive   responses  from those who have just returned from a cruise and have confirmed that it is in fact the rule. 

In my bumbling way,  I will report back, once I have something definitive. Not so much for myself anymore, but to set the record here, that the little guy can still wade through the quagmire. 

Edited by jonthomas
  • Like 4

No one has  mentioned the press release I posted in post #24. 

Why is there an issue implementing it?

The press release clearly states the enhancement I am trying to use. 

This is the information the ships are using to book their future cruises.

If this no longer exists, someone said it is 4 years old, then where is the retraction? Why have the sales reps on the ships not been appraised of its cancellation?

Just questions and the only answers here are to get a Super Duper TA to deal with all issues. 

I posted it here, not be told to get one of those TAs but to see if anyone can help me manage Os own rules and press releases.

1 minute ago, jonthomas said:

No one has mentioned the press release I posted in post #24. ... I posted it here, not be told to get one of those TAs but to see if anyone can help me manage Os own rules and press releases.

As I discussed above... First, this is what I was told when I booked a future cruise while on board Riviera on my 12/13-23/21 W. Caribbean cruise. Second, it is WHAT I EXPERIENCED when I actually booked a follow up cruise in Jan 2022 within the 30-day period afterwards. When I called in January I was asked about the prior sailing and whether I was within the 30-day window. Once the prior sailing was established, the advantageous booking was provided (e.g., reduced down payment, etc.)

IF you actually book a cruise, you'd get the details immediately upon paying the reduced deposit. You'd have the actual paperwork documenting the incentive. The O sales rep would send you the invoice, etc. by e-mail almost immediately. SO IF the paperwork for the now booked cruise doesn't show the incentives, then call back & cancel.

"Oceania offers future cruise booking savings and incentives for guests that book their next voyage on board, or within 30 days of returning home."

• Like 1

This is what I tried to do. 

Called to make a booking, using the rule. Was told they have to reach out the department that would approve the rule. Then all stopped, Still communicating with the O rep who is waiting for the ruling.

Not sure why I have hit this snag.

I appreciate you posting your experience. Wish mine was the same. 

5 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

This is what I tried to do. Called to make a booking, using the rule. Was told they have to reach out the department that would approve the rule. Then all stopped, Still communicating with the O rep who is waiting for the ruling. Not sure why I have hit this snag. I appreciate you posting your experience. Wish mine was the same.

So when you first tried to book it within the 30 days they wouldn't provide the incentives? The reduced deposit, etc.? What did they say as regards how they'd handle the booking? Have you recontacted the original person in O that you tried to book with? Go thru their extension? Or just try again with a different O sales rep? If you did, just say you're making the booking with 30 days after a return and see what s/he says about incentives.

the rep is trying to get management to approve it....I was asked to provide information that states this rule...I provided their own press release in 2018, also quoted the on board sales rep....the O rep sent it off to management.....that was 3 days ago...I am still waiting for the ruling....yes have reached out to the O rep several times, he has told me he is waiting on the ruling....

I have two cruises on hold, using this ruling. On hold, till O gets their act together.

someone here has even reached out to the SVP for this information...

really outrageous, how something so simple has become such a mess....

again, thank you ...

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Woe, enough criticism here to choke a horse. Disappointing that there are 3 others supporting this diatribe. 

Anyway for those that are more reasonable here, Management is still pouring over their rules. My O cruise professional that I have dealt with for years is asking for my patience with this matter, he is certain it will be resolved soon. 

Even Jancruz has not yet gotten "the official word" back from the SVP, but I am grateful for her effort.

Not sure pintlover, orv, lht or basor, could get the answer any faster with their stellar TA's. I also sense a touch of elitism here. I asked for help when posting the topic, not to be criticized and maligned. If you cant help, stay out of it. But alas that is the nature of CC often.

At least, the above are not saying that I have made up the enhancement. Even though they are discrediting all my efforts.

Thank you for the supportive   responses  from those who have just returned from a cruise and have confirmed that it is in fact the rule. 

In my bumbling way,  I will report back, once I have something definitive. Not so much for myself anymore, but to set the record here, that the little guy can still wade through the quagmire. 

Excuse me - I have made no comment on this topic so please do not lecture me

1 minute ago, jonthomas said:

I mentioned you because you supported the criticism. Check out post #33,  your name is there, or did you do it in error, perhaps not reading it?

There are several different issues addressed in that comment and so you assumed which issue I supported......

12 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

the rep is trying to get management to approve it....I was asked to provide information that states this rule...I provided their own press release in 2018, also quoted the on board sales rep....the O rep sent it off to management.....that was 3 days ago...I am still waiting for the ruling....yes have reached out to the O rep several times, he has told me he is waiting on the ruling....

I pulled out the "Onboard Booking Savings" form provided while on Riviera in 12/21. I didn't use the form since the form says "To take advantage of this savings program, please visit the Oceania Club Ambassador onboard or complete the booking form on the reverse side." The form isn't dated but from the legalese on the other side bottom:

"TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Savings Offer and fares are subject to change at any time. Savings Offer is per stateroom, for new bookings made onboard ONLY. Fares and offers are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change. All fares are per person and based on double occupancy for new bookings onlyand may be withdrawn at any time. Reduced deposit of $250 US for sailings paid in US Currency applies for all categories except OC, VS, OS, and full ATW sailings which require a 10% reduced deposit. Reduced deposit does not apply to bookings within final payment." (The word "only" is in all caps on the form.) 

8 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

I pulled out the "Onboard Booking Savings" form provided while on Riviera in 12/21. I didn't use the form since the form says "To take advantage of this savings program, please visit the Oceania Club Ambassador onboard or complete the booking form on the reverse side." The form isn't dated but from the legalese on the other side bottom:

"TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Savings Offer and fares are subject to change at any time. Savings Offer is per stateroom, for new bookings made onboard ONLY. Fares and offers are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change. All fares are per person and based on double occupancy for new bookings onlyand may be withdrawn at any time. Reduced deposit of $250 US for sailings paid in US Currency applies for all categories except OC, VS, OS, and full ATW sailings which require a 10% reduced deposit. Reduced deposit does not apply to bookings within final payment." (The word "only" is in all caps on the form.) 

I posted the O press release on enhancements, post #23.

what you are saying here is not about the enhancement and as you have stated, you were able to easily do a booking using this enhancement....I am trying to do the same. 

I am told by the O rep, that it has all gone to management. So I am in the wait stage. 

Edited by jonthomas

7 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

I posted the O press release on enhancements, post #23. ... I am told by the O rep, that it has all gone to management. So I am in the wait stage. 

Good luck. Pulled out my "Currents" and on Day 6 (12/18/21) we had a "Future Voyages Presentation with Oceania Club Ambassador Alex". I attended for the $250 shipboard credit drawing. I think this is when I first learned about the post-cruise 30-day policy. And afterwards I mentioned it to some O regulars who all seemed familiar with it, too. Seemed like everyone but me knew about it. Wish I had a tape recording! This was my 1st O cruise so I was trying to pay attention to everything & anything about future savings.

Our presenter on the ship, Riviera, was Rosanna De Ria. Very knowledgeable. 

Yes, seems they all know about it on the ships but not on land.

I am trying to get Rosannas email. But now will try to get anyone's email that is an Ambassador on the ships. That is what the sales reps call themselves. 

3 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

I am trying to get Rosannas email. But now will try to get anyone's email that is an Ambassador on the ships. That is what the sales reps call themselves. 

Jonthomas, I feel your pain, mixed messages like this are very trying. The Oceania Club Ambassador on Riviera when we were onboard with you was Kristina Milutinovic. She gave me her business card but unfortunately her email address is not on it. I hope you manage to get this sorted out. I am looking at making another booking too so am also invested in the outcome. I wasn't at the presentation with Rosanna that you attended so wasn't aware of the "30 day rule".

• Like 1