NCL Move up options?

KKB

Celebrity & Royal offer bid up options to bid on higher cabin categories than one has booked.

We have only sailed NCL once--it was an interior on the Getaway and WAY too cozy for our taste.

Does NCL offer bidding on better cabin categories?

32 minutes ago, KKB said:

Celebrity & Royal offer bid up options to bid on higher cabin categories than one has booked.

We have only sailed NCL once--it was an interior on the Getaway and WAY too cozy for our taste.

Assuming that you booked directly with NCL or a participating travel agent, you will get an invitation to bid. Some big warehouse travel agents do not participate.  

18 hours ago, KKB said:

Yes but it is not guaranteed that you will get upgraded, I would recommend you to book a cabin category that you would be happy with to start with

58 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

Yes but it is not guaranteed that you will get upgraded, I would recommend you to book a cabin category that you would be happy with to start with

Yes, you should receive an invitation to bid for an upgrade as others have said, but keep an eye on the price drops as you departure date nears.

Our experience of 2 hours ago
I saw that we could book the Haven as an upgrade from our balcony cabin for a bit less than we had bid several weeks earlier.  Now we have the Haven guaranteed,

This is a first for us.  We have always been happy with a balcony, but decided to give this a try for our first TA.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BklynBorn47 said:

Yes, you should receive an invitation to bid for an upgrade as others have said, but keep an eye on the price drops as you departure date nears.

Our experience of 2 hours ago
I saw that we could book the Haven as an upgrade from our balcony cabin for a bit less than we had bid several weeks earlier.  Now we have the Haven guaranteed,

This is a first for us.  We have always been happy with a balcony, but decided to give this a try for our first TA.  

Congratulations. It will be magical and you will never want that balcony cabin again!

We have done the same,,, had the "retail price" of the Haven room become less than our bid, and booked directly. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

For sure.

We did an interior on the Getaway on our 1st cruise.

We are usually fine with interiors but that one was PARTICULARLY cozy.

Sprung for the balcony this time (had cruise next so really no more than OV).

We upgraded balcony types on our Celebrity Apex cruise in March for $50 each.

We really aren't picky, but I'm always up for a good deal.

Unfortunately this is a cruise DH won playing poker so it is VERY difficult to determine if we could upgrade at a good rate just looking at current rates.