Cancelled Cruise...L/S or Refund?

peacefulOR

This is our first experience with Celebrity so I would appreciate some help. We got a cancellation notice for our 9/16/22 cruise to Japan offering 2 choices. Can you L/S  to a different itinerary altogether (higher price) or should we just take the refund and book now? Customer service keeps "breaking up" plus the long wait. What about booking the new cruise w/o waiting for a credit? That line actually works.

Another question, please. The info  on the Solstice Dawes Glacier cruise  (8/19/22 ) on a guarantee balcony seems to include the gratuities, etc. I've heard that there are no perks if you go guaranteed. I hope this all makes sense....caught up in cancelling other reservations.

Thank you, Rainey

22 minutes ago, jelayne said:

All our L & S were to the same ( or almost same) itinerary 12 months (+/- 4 weeks) and we had our price protected.  Are you not being offered the same sailing next year?

The cancellation that are currently given the option of a L&S do not have the same guidelines of the previous offers. Celebrity only has certain itineraries available for this option.

45 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

The cancellation that are currently given the option of a L&S do not have the same guidelines of the previous offers. Celebrity only has certain itineraries available for this option.

That was my understanding also. Unfortunately, when I finally reached customer service, she was difficult to understand even before the heavy static. It seems to me that I should treat these as two separate transactions.

Now to find out if I can get the "always included"  since I'm looking at a guarantee. I trust the Cruise Critic regulars more than the call center, so still hoping for an answer. If not, will try again . Thanks for your insight.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

All our L & S were to the same ( or almost same) itinerary 12 months (+/- 4 weeks) and we had our price protected.  Are you not being offered the same sailing next year?

Yes, Celebrity did offer the same cruise next year but I'm choosing to wait and see on Japan. My instincts tell me to hold off. Thanks for responding.

With Cancellations by Celebrity we have taken the refund. We have had several FCC with non refundable deposits that we have canceled that just getting our deposit back works the easiest for us.  Less complicated. 

31 minutes ago, mauimary said:

With Cancellations by Celebrity we have taken the refund. We have had several FCC with non refundable deposits that we have canceled that just getting our deposit back works the easiest for us.  Less complicated. 

Thank you for that! I think I'll just book a new cruise and take the refund. Right now I'm glad that we have no FCC to keep us tied up.

1 hour ago, peacefulOR said:

Thank you for that! I think I'll just book a new cruise and take the refund. Right now I'm glad that we have no FCC to keep us tied up.

Your welcome. Are you from Oregon?  Yes FCC do tie things up. 

13 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Your welcome. Are you from Oregon?  Yes FCC do tie things up. 

We recently moved from Roseburg up to Port Orchard, WA. Would you know if a guarantee balcony includes the tips, etc.? Current sale, ending in 3 hours sounds like Premium bvg + onboard credit.

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

To answer your GTY question.  Currently there are no sail only offerings so all prices including GTY include AI perks.

Thanks, that's awesome! We're moving up in category and price for a much shorter cruise but at least Alaska is open.

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

When you get to the booking summary page make sure the perks are listed.   I always take a screen shot of that page.

Tomorrow's promotion may be different!

Awesome, thanks! Current promotion with upgraded perks ends in 3 hours or so. Will do.