How does it work in Bermuda

Galgirl74

Hi all! Looking at a cruise in June on ncl to Bermuda. Can someone give me some info on how it works. Docked for 2 nights. Can you get on and off the ship 24 hour a day? Do shows still run on the ship? Is the free ferry running yet? Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Galgirl74 said:

Hi all! Looking at a cruise in June on ncl to Bermuda. Can someone give me some info on how it works. Docked for 2 nights. Can you get on and off the ship 24 hour a day? Do shows still run on the ship? Is the free ferry running yet? Thanks!

Yes, the gangway is open 24 hours a day.

Yes, there are shows on the ship.

Yes, the NCL ferry to St. George is running.

Best advice i cam give...Spring for a taxi from the ferry to the beach and back..I used their so called "fantastic public transportation" which were nice "coach style" buses to drop me off and pick me up from the ferry to the beach and back..

All went well until it was time to return to the ship..

I literally stood at the bus stop for over 1 hr and watched 6 buses pass me by without any slowing down. I was hot and pissed and scared..

Finally a bus stopped and i crammed in..i said "youve passed me 6 times and ive been standing there over an hour"..

She said she saw me but had no room..luckily im nutty about getting back early and left the beach and walked to the bus stop 3 hrs before departure..3 hours!!

By the time i caught the ferry and got back to the ship i had only 45 min b4 departure..

I ususlly like to be on the ship at least 1.5 hrs early..

On 4/14/2022 at 6:05 PM, 1025cruise said:

Just to note on the gangway, I just read that apparently a carnival sailing has to have everyone onboard overnight, no 24 hour gangway. I'm unaware of this is a universal restriction.

We're sailing on Carnival Legend, June 19, from Baltimore. We will be 'anchored' & water shuttles will be from Bermuda NOT Carnival tenders. Never been to Bermuda & trying to find out where we will get off the Water Shuttles.

4 hours ago, leen50 said:

We're sailing on Carnival Legend, June 19, from Baltimore. We will be 'anchored' & water shuttles will be from Bermuda NOT Carnival tenders. Never been to Bermuda & trying to find out where we will get off the Water Shuttles.

The schedule says Grassy Bay. That is right outside the Dockyard. So I would assume you will get off at the Dockyard. There is docking space on the other side of the cruise ship berths or they could go to the neaby ferry terminal. Tendering will be a PITA.

Edited by Charles4515