Do RoyalUp bids get suite double C&A points?

10 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

I've searched and searched and can't find the answer.  I'm assuming that if you win a RoyalUp bid to a full suite that you do not get double C&A points.  Is that right?

Correct, you only get the points for the category you were originally booked in. So if you move from a balcony or interior up to a junior suite and above, you still get one point per night, not two. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cigar King said:

That's my understanding.  I have seen people post that they did receive them though so you can hope.

I have gotten suites as a result of bidding numerous times both pre and post COVID. I have never gotten double points and I don’t know anyone who has gotten double points from being moved up to a suite (original bookings were all in balconies). 

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have gotten suites as a result of bidding numerous times both pre and post COVID. I have never gotten double points and I don’t know anyone who has gotten double points from being moved up to a suite (original bookings were all in balconies). 

Makes sense.  Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Cruiselyne said:

We did get double points with RoyalUp.  We went from balcony to Crown Loft Suite so I don't know if it made a difference.

If you originally booked prior to 9/30/2021 (and sailed since the restart), the double points was [most likely] from the double points promo, not Royal Up.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cruiselyne said:

We did get double points with RoyalUp.  We went from balcony to Crown Loft Suite so I don't know if it made a difference.

Lyne

When did you book the cruise? My guess is you booked it prior to 9/30/21 when RCI was giving everyone double points. 

1 minute ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

When did you book the cruise? My guess is you booked it prior to 9/30/21 when RCI was giving everyone double points. 

I didn't know that you got double points by booking prior to 9/30/21.  Lucky for me we booked on 9/11/21.

On 4/14/2022 at 10:53 AM, Cigar King said:

That's my understanding.  I have seen people post that they did receive them though so you can hope.

Funny thing is that we received double points one time when we weren't supposed to. Someone must have caught the error later and about two months later they were deducted...