ArriveCAN

It is my understanding that Vancouver has waived the need to update your ArriveCAN on return. Which would mean that the single ArriveCAN would suffice. So you would just need to get the CoVid test prior to returning to the US. 

I posted this on the Alaska forum too but didn't get any responses so thought I would post here too......

See my post below......can anyone tell me if I am in correct in my thinking?  Thank you. 

I  keep checking on the requirements and have downloaded the Arrivecan App onto my phone. 

I am sailing in August and am doing a land tour to Denali before my cruise and I am sailing out of Seward with my cruise ending in Vancouver. No other stops in Canada. So, I guess I am supposed to finish filling out the information on Arrivecan while I am in Denali? Since that will be 3 days before I sail?

14 hours ago, Coupe said:

If you are arriving tin Vancouver he day before your cruise - Does that change anything in the Arrivcan process?

The Canadian regulations now say that you need to complete a second, cruise specific, ArriveCAN. The first to enter Canada, the second requires that you upload your CoVid test results and allows you to board the ship.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

The Canadian regulations now say that you need to complete a second, cruise specific, ArriveCAN. The first to enter Canada, the second requires that you upload your CoVid test results and allows you to board the ship.

But what if I am not boarding but disembarking? I would love you to see my post#27 and give me your expert advice. Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Lois R said:

But what if I am not boarding but disembarking? I would love you to see my post#27 and give me your expert advice. Thank you.

Complete the ArriveCan within 3 days of boarding. That should cover you for Vancouver. Might be hard to complete it in Denali- don't know how the internet will be there. But you overnight, at least, in Anchorage. I'd complete it there. You probably need to be tested there also- you need a negative test within 2 days of boarding. 

1 hour ago, 5waldos said:

Complete the ArriveCan within 3 days of boarding. That should cover you for Vancouver. Might be hard to complete it in Denali- don't know how the internet will be there. But you overnight, at least, in Anchorage. I'd complete it there. You probably need to be tested there also- you need a negative test within 2 days of boarding. 

Thanks, since I am doing a cruise line land tour they are doing the testing and I am actually going for 4 days pre-cruise so hopefully the hotel will have internet service.  I appreciate your reply.

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Can you show me where it says that? I cannot find it.

As an American you are entering canada -- one arrival can submission then when boarding cruise ship you are leaving canada and technically entering usa(alaska) then returning again to canada tthus second arrive can entry when boarding

2 hours ago, Coupe said:

I don't see anything in what you're posting that says you need to do two Arrivcans.

Before boarding your cruise ship: all travellers must submit their embarkation test information into ArriveCAN within 72 hours of boarding a cruise, including Canadians and those who just used ArriveCAN to enter Canada:

in another country for a cruise that will enter Canada

in Canada

The embarkation test information is the CoVid test that you are required to have prior to boarding the ship. The ArriveCAN used to enter Canada DOES NOT INCLUDE THIS. If you are sailing out of Canada as an American, you will have had to complete the ArriveCAN prior to boarding your plane to go to Canada, or have it ready at the border if you are driving or taking a bus. Then you need the ArriveCAN that is specifically for cruising which does require that you enter the test results prior to boarding. 

At least, that is how I read it. Others may certainly read this differently.