Unable to book dining at 121 days out - Diamond member

We should be able to book our dining as we are now 121 days out but it’s not happening.  I can put all my reservations in the cart and when I go to payment, I get an error code.  I asked my PCP to intervene for me and she wrote and said it was too early, I could book at 119 days.  What?  Anyone else having this problem?

9 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

We should be able to book our dining as we are now 121 days out but it’s not happening.  I can put all my reservations in the cart and when I go to payment, I get an error code.  I asked my PCP to intervene for me and she wrote and said it was too early, I could book at 119 days.  What?  Anyone else having this problem?

Are you in the correct forum as I don't believe NCL has Diamond status, that's Royal. If it is an NCL cruise I've been reading for cruises not starting in the US you can't book dining until on board.

Edited by njkate

3 minutes ago, njkate said:

Are you in the correct forum as I don't believe NCL has Diamond status, that's Royal. If it is an NCL cruise I've been reading for cruises not starting in the US you can't book dining until on board.

Diamond is now a NCL latitudes status.

Reservations hadn’t been available in Europe, but that appears to have been resolved now. It wouldn’t surprise me if there are still some delays though. I’d recommend the OP keeps an eye out over the coming days for them to open up.

9 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Reservations hadn’t been available in Europe, but that appears to have been resolved now. It wouldn’t surprise me if there are still some delays though. I’d recommend the OP keeps an eye out over the coming days for them to open up.

njkate, earlier this year, platinum plus was renamed sapphire and a new tier, Diamond was added between sapphire and ambassador.

• Thanks 2

There's a glitch in the system that prevents you from booking the same restaurant more than once. I can book Cagney's for the first night and it goes through fine but when I try to add Cagney's on another night I get to the payment screen and it disappears.  It's gone from the cart too.  Other restaurants book fine for the first reservation but the same thing happens when you try add the second reservation.  Weird.

24 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Lol shows you how much attention I pay to that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Cruiseandgamble said:

There's a glitch in the system that prevents you from booking the same restaurant more than once. I can book Cagney's for the first night and it goes through fine but when I try to add Cagney's on another night I get to the payment screen and it disappears.  It's gone from the cart too.  Other restaurants book fine for the first reservation but the same thing happens when you try add the second reservation.  Weird.

I experienced the same issue when booking our 24 April Getaway voyage.  We'll just wait until we're on board to use our remaining dining credits.

1 hour ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

We have experienced this on several cruises since the restart.  In some cases we finally were able to book after we had completed the check-in at the 21-day mark.  In other cases we had to wait until we were onboard.  With passenger counts far below capacity, however, it really wasn't a problem.  We were able to book just about any night at prime time, and the restaurants never seemed full.

Lots of this going around.  We're Sapphire so should have been able to book our dining (Star in July) 125 days out.  Couldn't do it until 95 days.  Then, as Cruiseandgamble posted, we were only able to book one night per the three restaurants we want to dine in.  I called our PCC and he was able to make our remaining reservations easily.

TravellingMan, you hit the nail on the head.  I changed my request to 1 LaC, 1 LeB, and 1 Cag and it went through fine.  I tried then doing my second Cag and LeB but it shut down, so I logged out and even rebooted and tried again.  This time I got the following notice. “There is some already booked or in your cart that is interfering with Guest 1 booking.  Please log out and try again later.”   So I’ll try again tomorrow.

if they are going to disallow double visits that will be problematic with dining package and Diamond meals.   But I dont want to get ahead of myself, so we’ll see what tomorrow brings.

2 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

TravellingMan, you hit the nail on the head.  I changed my request to 1 LaC, 1 LeB, and 1 Cag and it went through fine.  I tried then doing my second Cag and LeB but it shut down, so I logged out and even rebooted and tried again.  This time I got the following notice. “There is some already booked or in your cart that is interfering with Guest 1 booking.  Please log out and try again later.”   So I’ll try again tomorrow.

if they are going to disallow double visits that will be problematic with dining package and Diamond meals.   But I dont want to get ahead of myself, so we’ll see what tomorrow brings.

They aren’t disallowing double visits, as this booking restriction also applies when reserving the MDR apparently.

I can see the logic to not allowing duplicate reservations, as it avoids the situation where some people struggle to get a reservation at all whilst others are booked every night. You should still be able to get the reservations you want onboard, but it probably avoids grumbling pre cruise.

5 hours ago, njkate said:

They are on the correct forum. NCL Latitudes has a Diamond status, above Sapphire which is above Platinum. 

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

They are on the correct forum. NCL Latitudes has a Diamond status, above Sapphire which is above Platinum. 

Yes another poster mentioned that, I don’t pay attention to latitude status so wasn’t aware it has changed 

4 hours ago, norwoodcruisergirl said:

Does anyone know where you go to once you board to make restaurant reservations?  I’ll be in the getaway. 

Ha, this Sunday's GA sailing will be relatively "full" with 4,000+ onboard as projected 3 weeks ago when we're onboard - be prepared for lots of children, teens & youth - families traveling for Easter/school break.  

There is a possibility that they will set up a table inside Pier 88 while you folks wait for the Groups to be called to board, take advantage of that if available - they will have a small table, signage & laptops setup to run things.  Otherwise, if they aren't stationed next to Guest Services with the menus (Deck 6 Fwd) - go up to 2 to Syd's Pour House on Deck 8, should find them there.  Also, use the stateroom's interactive TV menu (although we didn't have access to our cabin until 1 pm) or try pickup the house phone & dial the Restaurant extension (they might not be staffed to answer it on hectic embarkation day until they are underway ... could be a very long day with the Bermuda TA headache)

Happy cruising & be nice to the officers, crew & teams on the ship - they worked hard & long hours aiming to please everyone.