Name misspelled--sailing Sunday!

We are scheduled to sail Sunday.  Just realized my 11 year old's name is misspelled on the reservation--Issac instead of the correct spelling, Isaac.  Trying to get in touch with my travel agent and on hold with RCCL.  Freaking out that we're going to be denied boarding.  Anyone else have this happen?

The letters in first name were transposed once without issue. But I won’t tell you that it might not be a problem. I didn’t mention it on check in, no one noticed it (or didn’t mention it) so I sailed through. 

boy that was about as good as milk toast. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

The letters in first name were transposed once without issue. But I won’t tell you that it might not be a problem. I didn’t mention it on check in, no one noticed it (or didn’t mention it) so I sailed through. 

boy that was about as good as milk toast. 

Well it’s good to know you weren’t denied boarding. Maybe with him being a kid, they’ll be less strict. Been on the phone with royal Caribbean and no one seemingly can do anything because we booked through an agent. Can’t exactly get my agent on the phone at 11pm on a Friday. Sigh. 

Check-in agent can most likely do a 'name edit' without any problems. AS the spelling is just a letter off.  Since the birth date will match up with his physical appearance, it most likely won't be a problem. 

Is the child traveling with a passport or a birth certificate?

• Thanks 1

We had the same thing happen on our last cruise with Celebrity. Didn’t even notice until check-in and they were able to fix it quickly. Took a couple minutes and we were on our way. Shouldn’t be an issue. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, CruiseDancer said:

Does anyone know if a "Jr." is missing from the reservation but will be on the passport will present a problem? Senior is deceased.

This happens to my husband all the time.  Sometimes, even though we can't see the Jr on the reservation, when we have called about it, they say it is there even though we don't see it.  So far it has never been a problem no matter if we see the Jr or not.  

1 hour ago, CruiseDancer said:

Does anyone know if a "Jr." is missing from the reservation but will be on the passport will present a problem? Senior is deceased.

I fought this battle for a long time because the reservation never recognizes a suffix which means it didn’t match the passport.  Twice at check in they had to get a supervisor because they want the name and the ID to match exactly!

I finally figured out how to fix the problem and verified with Royal that this is accepted.  I went into my husband’s profile on his account and I took off the “suffix” of Jr completely.  I then went to the “last name” line did a space after the last name and added Jr on the same line.

Now his “last name”  is officially Davis Jr and it now shows completely and correctly on every booking and every account every time.  

Problem solved!!!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

This happens to my husband all the time.  Sometimes, even though we can't see the Jr on the reservation, when we have called about it, they say it is there even though we don't see it.  So far it has never been a problem no matter if we see the Jr or not.  

See my response above on how I fixed the problem