Travel insurance for a condition just diagnosed

Chilcotin

We are BC residents travelling on a round trip Alaska Cruise from Vancouver at the end of this month.

My husband had a CT Scan to check his lungs and it was discovered he had mild emphysema and COPD.  An incidental finding d also discovered he had pulmonary hypertension.

He is scheduled to see a cardiologist in the future (Don't have a date yet).

Does anyone know of an insurance company who will cover him in this in between time? Willing to spend for a high premium as it will  probably still be cheaper than the single supplement  for me (it is a sibling trip for me so I would still go).

Any leads greatly appreciated.

Erin

BCAA had (maybe still does) coverage for pre existing condition with I think a limit on coverage of up to $300,000.  Premium is high but you can reduce it by increasing your deductible.  We no longer are with BCAA so things may have changed.  You would need to talk to an advisor to ensure your situation is covered.  Good luck

• Like 1

We just purchased our annual BCAA health insurance this week.  You used to be able to get $300 deductible.  It is now $500.  Preexisting conditions are covered if they have been stable for 6 months.  We were both asked, along with all the usual questions,

if we had any health problems in the last 6 months

if we were waiting for test results

if we had a stay in the hospital in the last 6 months

And if we had started on any new meds.

I hope you can still get insurance for your cruise.  I also hope your husband gets the help he needs.

In 2018 BCAA had an "unstable pre-existing condition" policy that we added to our annual policy after my husband had a heart attack. As was stated in an earlier post, the limit was much lower than the main policy limit. I don't remember what the deductible was.

Royal bank is our go to. Much less 5han BCAA. You do need a Royal credit card as we do although we very seldom use it as our west jet gives us more bang for our bucks we feel. 

I don’t know. As each province has its own automobile association I expect yes, but it would be interesting to ask……or check your assn in your province. You have to join to get insurance, and payout is connected in some way to what the province will pay on your behalf if there is a claim,so I doubt it is open to all.