Millenium has lift me, but not shifted me

ChicagoCubsFan

BEWARE - If you were booked on the Millenium out of Los Angeles this fall.

I had not received any notification of the change, but with the help of Cruise Critic I was aware.  Just got off the phone with Celebrity and they asked me if I wanted to cancel or shift.  I was told that they were not doing it automatically.  So if you are in the same situation as I was, you may want to follow up wit Celebrity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChicagoCubsFan said:

BEWARE - If you were booked on the Millenium out of Los Angeles this fall.

I had not received any notification of the change, but with the help of Cruise Critic I was aware.  Just got off the phone with Celebrity and they asked me if I wanted to cancel or shift.  I was told that they were not doing it automatically.  So if you are in the same situation as I was, you may want to follow up wit Celebrity.

We called Celebrity & they advised us that we could not choose our new cabin we had to wait until it was assigned.  Never a straight answer from Celebrity.

• Like 1

We received an email this past Tuesday from X stating that our cruise out of Los Angeles was being moved from the Millie to the Solstice. The email stated that there was nothing to do on our part and we would be moved automatically to the Solstice. This was completed Thursday evening. They’re still working on moving guests. The Retreat is still locked and not available for booking. My CVP told me this would take about ten days to complete as it’s a manual process of moving each cabin one at a time. Our OBC still has not been moved. 

By the way, have you checked your spam file to see if there’s a possibility that the email went there? I have that issue with some of their emails. 

• Like 1

We are in the same "boat"  I contacted my TA and he said that there was nothing to do and X would automatically do the move.  Well, we are still booked on Millie AND Solstice is now open for booking to the general public!! 

I called and spoke to someone at X and after he reached out to the proper department, I was told to contact my TA and have him reach out to X and tell them I want to just do the transfer and NOT get a refund!!  X also said that they won't have everything done until May!!  Why not give those who are already booked the opportunity to get moved and select a different cabin that the one X gives you if you dont like what they "pick" for you!!!!!

Aggravating, but typical

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ChicagoCubsFan said:

I have been checking Spam - Nothing there.  Now I got an email that they cancelled my

drink upgrade and specialty dining.  Not too happy ☹️

If you received those emails that should mean that they’re working on moving you. The same thing happened to me. As soon as I received the emails showing our specialty dining cancellations I checked my account on Celebrity’s website and we had been moved over to the Solstice. By the way, the email from Celebrity stated that all items such as excursions, specialty dining, etc. would be canceled and payment returned.  

I would have your TA recheck your reservation again as we called back this morning to see if we had been assigned a new cabin & found out that they just switched us without our consent to the Millennium leaving from San Juan same cabin.  They did not change us to the Solstice at all.  Plus our air with Celebrity Air is still goi g to LAX.  Unbelievable how unprofessional  Celebrity is at totally contradicting their own emails.  Actually the cruise out of San Juan looks better so may keep it.

Edited by If only

14 minutes ago, If only said:

I would have your TA recheck your reservation again as we called back this morning to see if we had been assigned a new cabin & found out that they just switched us without our consent to the Millennium leaving from San Juan same cabin.  They did not change us to the Solstice at all.  Plus our air with Celebrity Air is still goi g to LAX.  Unbelievable how unprofessional  Celebrity is at totally contradicting their own emails.  We love Celebrity once we get on a ship but shoreside is another big problem.

Just as an FYI, our cruise changed from showing the Millie out of L.A to the Millie out of San Juan, same date and stateroom AND then the final change to the Solstice. This was over two days. 

Just now, cruisingator2 said:

Just as an FYI, our cruise changed from showing the Millie out of L.A to the Millie out of San Juan, same date and stateroom AND then the final change to the Solstice. This was over two days. 

The email that we received clearly stated that we would be changed to the Solstice out of LA.

4 minutes ago, If only said:

The email that we received clearly stated that we would be changed to the Solstice out of LA.

Our email stated the same thing but it is a work in progress. It is being done in steps. That’s why I posted the above. We had the same exact thing happen but it took a few days for this to get us moved to the correct vessel. I can understand the frustration but I was just trying to let you know how our situation went.

Dear Guest,

We are contacting you to provide an update on the status of your 2022 cruise vacation. As a result of deployment changes, the Mexican Riviera sailings on Celebrity Millennium departing September 24, 2022 through December 11, 2022, will now be onboard Celebrity Solstice.

Experience a vacation like no other onboard Celebrity Solstice. Relax and enjoy unforgettable spaces, world-class amenities, and our stylish accommodations. Play your favorite outdoor games, catch a concert, or just take in some sun at The Lawn Club. We know that you will enjoy this beautiful ship, the namesake of our award-winning Solstice Class ships.

At this time, we will automatically move your cruise reservation to the Celebrity SolsticeMexican Riviera sailing at the same rate including any promotion currently on the booking. No action is required on your part to initiate this move.

If you choose not to sail onboard Celebrity Solstice, from now through May 12, please contact us or your travel agent to request a 100% refund to your original method of payment. You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after cancellation.  Cruise taxes and fees would be refunded separately.  Please note, any reservations paid with a Future Cruise Credit will not be eligible for a cash refund, however, your Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated. 

If you have pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruise Planner, you will be refunded in full to your original method of payment.  Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically.  You will not need to call in to initiate the process.  Guests with independent excursions or air arrangements need to contact their tour operators and air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to provide a compelling array of itinerary options around the world.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely, 

Celebrity Cruises

13 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Our email stated the same thing but it is a work in progress. It is being done in steps. That’s why I posted the above. We had the same exact thing happen but it took a few days for this to get us moved to the correct vessel. I can understand the frustration but I was just trying to let you know how our situation went.

Dear Guest,

We are contacting you to provide an update on the status of your 2022 cruise vacation. As a result of deployment changes, the Mexican Riviera sailings on Celebrity Millennium departing September 24, 2022 through December 11, 2022, will now be onboard Celebrity Solstice.

Experience a vacation like no other onboard Celebrity Solstice. Relax and enjoy unforgettable spaces, world-class amenities, and our stylish accommodations. Play your favorite outdoor games, catch a concert, or just take in some sun at The Lawn Club. We know that you will enjoy this beautiful ship, the namesake of our award-winning Solstice Class ships.

At this time, we will automatically move your cruise reservation to the Celebrity SolsticeMexican Riviera sailing at the same rate including any promotion currently on the booking. No action is required on your part to initiate this move.

If you choose not to sail onboard Celebrity Solstice, from now through May 12, please contact us or your travel agent to request a 100% refund to your original method of payment. You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after cancellation.  Cruise taxes and fees would be refunded separately.  Please note, any reservations paid with a Future Cruise Credit will not be eligible for a cash refund, however, your Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated. 

If you have pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruise Planner, you will be refunded in full to your original method of payment.  Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically.  You will not need to call in to initiate the process.  Guests with independent excursions or air arrangements need to contact their tour operators and air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to provide a compelling array of itinerary options around the world.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely, 

Celebrity Cruises

Thank you for your help, we think we will keep San Juan cruise much better ports.

We also seem to have drawn the short straw on the Solstice / Millennium switch about.

For our cancelled Spring 2023 Japan cruise in an S1 Suite on Solstice we asked for the “Lift and Shift” option . 

Celebrity have responded that they were only offering “Lift and Shift” for the cancelled cruise to the  2  directly similar cruises in 2024 - but that they were not offering us anything at all except a refund as “they have run out of S1 suites on both of the replacement cruises! “ !!! 

Our Travel Agent argued for us to be offered “Lift and Shift” to alternative Asia Cruises, but Celebrity absolutely refused to offer anything. except a refund of our deposit. 

We are very very close to the magic 3000 and will actually achieve the fabled Zenith’ level on completing our forthcoming May 2022 cruise, but we are feeling rather cross about the  shabby treatment from Celebrity arising from their actions in this botched and muddled Solstice/ Millennium switch round. 

5 hours ago, If only said:

Thank you for your help, we think we will keep San Juan cruise much better ports.

Then you will likely need to cancel your original cruise and book the San Juan cruise or you will automatically be switched over to Solstice once they get around to moving you. The only reason you see the San Juan cruise showing is because they are still working on transfers

The Solstace and Millenium switch involved some 20+ cruises with about 1200 bookings per cruise.  EVERY booking must be handled manually.  It takes a while to handle thousands of reservations.

Patience and be glad you are not booked on the Millenium holiday cruise that was simply cancelled.  No holiday option.

35 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Then you will likely need to cancel your original cruise and book the San Juan cruise or you will automatically be switched over to Solstice once they get around to moving you. The only reason you see the San Juan cruise showing is because they are still working on transfers

We are moving to the Solstice as we had a really good deal.  My only complaint with Celebrity  is that all their vacation planners are not aware of what is going on.  Their staff should be made aware of the changes before we are.

Edited by If only
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WorcesterPear said:

We also seem to have drawn the short straw on the Solstice / Millennium switch about.

For our cancelled Spring 2023 Japan cruise in an S1 Suite on Solstice we asked for the “Lift and Shift” option . 

Celebrity have responded that they were only offering “Lift and Shift” for the cancelled cruise to the  2  directly similar cruises in 2024 - but that they were not offering us anything at all except a refund as “they have run out of S1 suites on both of the replacement cruises! “ !!! 

Our Travel Agent argued for us to be offered “Lift and Shift” to alternative Asia Cruises, but Celebrity absolutely refused to offer anything. except a refund of our deposit. 

We are very very close to the magic 3000 and will actually achieve the fabled Zenith’ level on completing our forthcoming May 2022 cruise, but we are feeling rather cross about the  shabby treatment from Celebrity arising from their actions in this botched and muddled Solstice/ Millennium switch round. 

I had an S1 on the TransPac this September on Solstice that was cancelled. I checked the 2023 sailing and there were only 6 suites available. I was able to Lift and Shift for the 4th time. I had too good of a deal to take the refund. Good luck to you and your next cruise.

8 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

We received an email this past Tuesday from X stating that our cruise out of Los Angeles was being moved from the Millie to the Solstice. The email stated that there was nothing to do on our part and we would be moved automatically to the Solstice. This was completed Thursday evening. They’re still working on moving guests. The Retreat is still locked and not available for booking. My CVP told me this would take about ten days to complete as it’s a manual process of moving each cabin one at a time. Our OBC still has not been moved. 

By the way, have you checked your spam file to see if there’s a possibility that the email went there? I have that issue with some of their emails. 

I booked us on a spring Coastal cruise in an S2 yesterday.

14 minutes ago, critterchick said:

I booked us on a spring Coastal cruise in an S2 yesterday.

I’m referring to the MR itineraries. They are still locked and inventory has not been loaded due to the fact that X is still working on moving guests from the Millie. The holiday bookings are the only ones open at this time. All specialty dining is closed as well.