OBC - Passengers or Person Paying for Room

JBCall

Hi all,

i was was hoping someone might have insights as my TA is unavailable this weekend.  

We noticed a big price drop on our upcoming cruise although it is past final payment.  Our TA was able to negotiate some on-board credit for us as a result.  I am currently paying for 2 rooms - one for DW and self, and one for my children.  The obc sounds like it is issued per person.  So would it be issued to my credit card as I am paying for the room or would it be paid under each person’s mariner number?  If there are 3 people in a room can you use person A or B’s on-board credit to pay for person C’s gratuities?

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, JBCall said:

Hi all,

i was was hoping someone might have insights as my TA is unavailable this weekend.  

We noticed a big price drop on our upcoming cruise although it is past final payment.  Our TA was able to negotiate some on-board credit for us as a result.  I am currently paying for 2 rooms - one for DW and self, and one for my children.  The obc sounds like it is issued per person.  So would it be issued to my credit card as I am paying for the room or would it be paid under each person’s mariner number?  If there are 3 people in a room can you use person A or B’s on-board credit to pay for person C’s gratuities?

Thanks.

The OBC is not issued as a credit on your credit card.  At the conclusion of your cruise, it will be issued as  credit toward your final bill.  As to what happens to any final credit balance, I cannot answer since that has never been our experience.  And whether you can get a refund for the OBC , it will depend on who issued it.  It is my understanding that if it is a HAL OBC, it will not be refunded.  And it is not per person, it is per cabin.

1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

It is my understanding that if it is a HAL OBC, it will not be refunded.  And it is not per person, it is per cabin.

If I am not mistaken, we always had OBC per person. And, yes, no refunds. if any amount remains the last day, you can always ask guest service to add extra service costs to your statement. Personnel will be glad after a long jobless period.

Yes, the OBC is credited to the onboard account at the start on the cruise.  If the cabin with three people has only one onboard account, then the OBC will be applied to whatever charges are booked first.  If the three people have separate folios, then the OBC will be credited to each folio.