Getting a flight home

joestein514

11:20 is doable. Plan on carrying off your bags and grabbing a cab. You will want to be off the ship in the first groups, if you can pre-arrange that (usually carrying off your own luggage gets you off in the first couple of groups.

11:20AM is fine as long as you are one of the first passengers off of the ship. Grab a cab and head for MIA. The security line at MIA is usually very long but you shouldn’t have a problem making your flight.

Sounds like it will be tight based upon the responses.  I don't want to have to rush or worry about getting home.

Currently it is $1400 for 4 people to fly from JFK to Mia and back with the return flight at 11:20.

The next flight leaves at 3:30 but the price goes up to $2000.  I could stay to 7:50 and get the next flight which would bring the price back to $1400 - but then I get home pretty late.

If I am gonna spend $2000, I can just fly from EWR which I prefer.  EWR is 45mins - 1hr closer to my house.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 11:55 AM, joestein514 said:

Sounds like it will be tight based upon the responses.  I don't want to have to rush or worry about getting home.

Currently it is $1400 for 4 people to fly from JFK to Mia and back with the return flight at 11:20.

The next flight leaves at 3:30 but the price goes up to $2000.  I could stay to 7:50 and get the next flight which would bring the price back to $1400 - but then I get home pretty late.

If I am gonna spend $2000, I can just fly from EWR which I prefer.  EWR is 45mins - 1hr closer to my house.

I thought my rebooked flight was painful (paying almost $400 more than the original).  Flying is getting ridiculous.  I did change from FLL to MIA the night before to save on additional hotel costs.

Edited by TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail

Well if you live in NJ, Newark makes more sense than going all the way over to JFK.

My wife & I got off a ship in Miami in February. We did the self-disembark so were among the first off and in the taxi line. We got to MIA so quickly for our 10:30am flight that they were able to put us on standby for the 8:30am flight and we made it. I would never book an 8:30am flight but we've got a 10:40am booking for when we get off our next cruise. So you can definitely make an 11:20am flight.